Fudge brownie cookies are fudgy, with a gooey center and a deliciously rich chocolaty flavor. They are super easy to make and offer a perfect balance between brownie and cookie. If you love fusion recipes, I bet you will love this brownie cookie recipe as well!
Why should you follow this Fudge Brownie Cookie?
You might find several fudge brownie cookie recipes, but I can bet this is the one you should try. Here is why:
- This fudge brownie cookie recipe is super easy to follow. It has simple steps that you can easily follow to make perfect cookies, even if you are a beginner.
- It offers the fudgy texture you are looking for in the cookies. The top is glossy, and the center is fudgy, i.e., exactly what you want!
- All the ingredients are easy to find. There is nothing fancy about this recipe which is great.
- All-purpose flour: The base for any brownie or cookie recipe is usually all-purpose flour. You can get it from any grocery store.
- Unsweetened cocoa powder: Use premium quality cocoa powder for this recipe. It has a bitter yet deep flavor which makes these cookies so addictive.
- Baking powder: No cookie recipe is complete without adding baking powder. It ensures the cookies expand and get the texture we all love.
- Fine sea salt: A little sea salt enhances the flavor of chocolate.
- Chocolate chips: Use either dark or semisweet chocolate chips for this recipe. Whatever you love will work.
- Unsalted butter: Butter adds the necessary moisture to the cookies. It also ensures the cookies get the right texture.
- Brown sugar: You can use either light or dark brown sugar for this recipe. It adds a caramel-like flavor along with the sweetness.
- Granulated sugar: Add white granulated sugar for sweetness that will balance out the bitter flavor of cocoa powder and dark chocolate.
- Eggs: Eggs mostly act as a leavening agent. They ensure the cookies have the right texture.
- Flaky sea salt: Sprinkle flaky sea salt for an instant flavor elevation. It is an optional ingredient, and you can skip it.
How to make Fudge Brownie Cookie?
Fudge Brownie Cookies are quite simple to make. You can make them just like any other brownie or cookie recipe. Just follow these simple steps, and even if you are a beginner, you will produce perfectly baked cookies:
Step 1: Prepare the equipment: Line the baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the oven rack in the middle and preheat the oven to 350 F.
Step 2: Combine all of the dry ingredients: In a medium-sized bowl, sift and mix the all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt.
Step 3: Mix the wet ingredients: Combine the egg, brown, and granulated sugar together. Mix using an electric hand mixer and mix until smooth.
Step 4: Melt the butter: Cube the butter and place it in a container. Microwave until melted and immediately add the chocolate chips to melt it. You can double broil this too. The idea is to melt the chocolate chips.
Step 5: Mix all of the ingredients: Gently add the melted chocolate mixture into the egg mixture. Mix them together until combined. Add the flour mixture and mix them together using a rubber spatula. Mix until well combined.
Step 6: Bake: Scoop two to three tablespoons of the batter onto the baking sheet. Make sure that the batter is two inches apart. Bake for ten minutes and remove the cookies immediately from the pan to the cooling rack.
Tips to Remember
Follow these tips to ensure the fudge brownie cookies are perfect:
• Before you start preparing the cookies, measure all the ingredients and line them in front of you. This way, you can work quickly and swiftly without messing p the recipe or getting confused.
• You can either use dark chocolate or semisweet chocolate for this recipe. Whatever your preference is, use premium quality ingredients for the best results.
• Never overwork your mixture. The more you mix the ingredients, the flatter the cookies will be. Even if you see a few lumps, ignore them.
• You might feel the cookies are not cooked through. Trust the timer and remove the cookies from the oven once the timer goes off. Because the cookies will be hot, they will continue to cook slowly even if they are out of the oven. Giving more time in the oven will ruin their fudgy texture.
Here are a few ways you can add more ingredients to these fudge brownie cookies and make them more flavorful:
• Instant coffee: If you want to take these fudgy cookies to the next level, add instant or expresso coffee. It will enhance their flavor and add depth.
• Nuts: Adding chopped nuts like walnuts or raisins will bring a crunchy or chewy texture to these cookies. They actually taste really good.
• White chocolate: The signature flavor of these cookies comes from dark or semisweet chocolate, but you can use white chocolate as well. Remember, the taste will vary greatly, but you can try and experiment with it.
How to store?
These cookies are best enjoyed the day they are made. However, once they are cool, you can place them in an airtight jar and store them at room temperature for up to 5 days.
You can also freeze these cookies. Line them in a baking tray and flash freeze for 4 hours. Then place them in a Ziplock bag and freeze for up to 3 months. Simply warm in the microwave and enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions
What are brownie cookies called?
Although you can call these brownie cookies, there is a rather modern term used for these, and it’s a “brookie.”
Can you make gluten-free fudge brownie cookies?
- Yes, if you are allergic to gluten, you can replace all-purpose flour with gluten-free flour. You can easily get it from any grocery store, and it will give you the same fudgy results.
Can you make a vegan version of this recipe?
- Absolutely! Simply skip adding eggs and use plant-based milk to turn this recipe into a vegan one. You can also add nut butter for additional flavor.
How to make crispy stored fudge brownie cookies fudgy again?
- If your stored fudge brownie cookies have gone crispy or hard, just microwave them for 20 seconds. As the chocolate melts away, you will get that fudgy texture back again.
How to give fudge brownie cookies a signature brownie finish?
- Once you have prepared the fudge brownie cookie batter, don’t place it in the refrigerator to chill. Work fast and get it in the oven. This way, you can get the signature brownie crackly and glossy top you are looking for.
For More Cookie Recipe:
- Meringue cookie – use those egg whites from making Brazo Mercedez and Puto Cheese.
- Polar Bear Christmas Cookie
- White Chocolate Chip Cookie
- Ube Crinkles
- Chocolate Crinkles
- Pandan Crinkles
Fudge Brownie Cookie
- 1 large baking sheet
- 1 parchment paper
- electric hand mixer
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 7 oz chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large egg
- Prepare the equipment: Line the large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside. Place the oven rack in the middle of the oven.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Sift the dry ingredients: In a medium-sized bowl, sift the flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking powder.
- In a large bowl mix the egg, brown sugar, and granulated sugar together. Mix until smooth. You can tell by rubbing the mixture together with your finger and it will not too grainy. Add this mixture to the flour mixture.
- Melt the butter in the microwave until smooth. Make sure that it is hot enough to melt the chocolate chips, so cube the butter and let it melt in the microwave for 40 seconds. You can double broil this process too. When the butter is completely melted add the chocolate chips and mix using a spatula. Gently pour the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture. Mix completely using a spatula.
- Add in the flour mixture and mix gently until there are no more streaks and the mixture is well incorporated. Use a spatula to do this.
- Scoop two tablespoons of the mixture into the prepared baking sheet and make sure that the cookies are two inches apart.
- Bake the cookies in the preheated oven and bake for 10 minutes and let them continue to cook on a wire rack. Sprinkle with granulated sea salt.