This Instant Pot Corn on a Cob is an easy, convenient summer dish that combines the natural sweetness of fresh Corn with the ease and speed of using an Instant Pot.
Whether hosting a backyard barbecue or simply craving a flavorful side dish, Instant Pot corn on the cob will surely be a hit. With its ability to cook Corn quickly and efficiently while preserving its natural flavors, the Instant Pot has revolutionized how we enjoy this summertime favorite.
This blog post will explore why people love Instant Pot corn on the cob and guide you through the simple steps to create this delightful dish. This irresistible summer delight will elevate your corn-on-the-cob game and impress your family and friends.
Table of Contents
I am thankful to be able to work and live here in the USA. I enjoy several conveniences I never had when living in the Philippines, like cooking this Corn on a cob. Cooking takes a lot of time, from gathering my firewood to starting the fire plus cleaning up after cooking them. But this Instant Pot, I love it.
Instant Pot Corn On the Cob
- Say goodbye to traditional boiling methods that require constant monitoring and hello to a hassle-free cooking experience that delivers tender, juicy, and perfectly cooked Corn on the cob every time. Instant Pot has gained immense popularity in recent years due to its ability to significantly reduce cooking time compared to traditional methods. This versatile kitchen appliance combines the functions of various settings, making it a convenient and time-saving tool for cooking multiple dishes.
- Cooking Corn on the cob in the Instant Pot offers a remarkable advantage in speed and convenience. Traditional methods often involve boiling water on the stovetop and carefully monitoring the Corn as it cooks. This process can be time-consuming, requiring constant attention to ensure the Corn is cooked evenly and not overdone.
- Six Corn- make sure that the corn is shucked. Remove the silk and wash them to ensure that they are clean.
- Butter- use unsalted butter.
- Sugar- adds extra sweetness to the corn.
- Evaporated Milk – you can use any milk you like.
How do you cook it
- Prepare the Corn: Start by shucking the Corn and removing the silk. Rinse the Corn under cold water to clean it.
- Divide the Corn into three.
- Add milk, sugar, and butter. Mix them to dissolve the sugar.
- Place the Corn in the inner pot in a standing position-up like soldiers.
- Cover with the pressure cooker lid. Push the pressure cooker setting button. Set the time to LO and set the timer to two minutes. Generally, cooking Corn on the cob in the Instant Pot takes around 2 minutes under high pressure, depending on the size and quantity of the Corn.
- Cook and release pressure: Once you’ve set the cooking time, the Instant Pot will start building pressure and cooking the Corn. After the cooking cycle, quickly release and open the pressure cooker lid.
Advantages of cooking Corn on the cob in the instant pot
- The Instant Pot’s ability to cook Corn on the cob quickly and efficiently makes it a fantastic option for busy individuals or those who prefer hassle-free cooking. With the convenience of set-it-and-forget-it cooking, you can set the cooking time, allow the Instant Pot to work its magic, and attend to other tasks without constant monitoring.
- The sealed environment of the Instant Pot plays a crucial role in retaining Corn’s natural flavor and nutrients. When the Instant Pot is sealed, it creates a tight, airtight seal that prevents the escape of steam and any volatile compounds from the food being cooked, including the Corn. This sealing mechanism helps lock in the Corn’s natural flavors, preserving taste during cooking.
- When Corn is cooked in the Instant Pot, it is typically done using a small amount of liquid, such as this combination of milk, sugar, and butter. As the Instant Pot builds up pressure and heat, the liquid begins to boil and produce steam. Since the pot is sealed, the moisture cannot escape, resulting in a highly pressurized environment. This pressure forces the liquid into the corn kernels, allowing them to cook and soften while retaining their natural juices.
- As the corn cooks in its juices within the sealed Instant Pot, it undergoes a process known as infusing. The high pressure and temperature cause the liquid to penetrate the corn kernels, resulting in a rich and intense taste. The natural sugars and flavors present in the Corn are released and absorbed back into the grains, enhancing their overall flavor profile.
- The Instant Pot’s sealed environment also helps preserve the Corn’s nutrients. The minimal amount of liquid used in the cooking process helps to prevent the loss of water-soluble vitamins and minerals. Since the cooking time is relatively short compared to traditional methods, the nutrients are retained within the Corn, ensuring you get the maximum nutritional value from your meal.
In summary, the sealed environment of the Instant Pot traps the natural flavors and nutrients of the Corn by preventing the escape of steam and volatile compounds. The Corn is cooked in juices, resulting in a full-bodied and flavorful taste. The pressure and heat facilitate the infusion of flavors while preserving the nutritional content of the Corn.
Serving and Enjoying Instant Pot Corn on the Cob:
Once you have perfectly cooked your Instant Pot corn on the cob, it’s time to take it to the next level by adding delicious flavors and accompaniments. Here are some ideas to elevate your corn-on-the-cob experience:
- Brush with Melted Butter:
The creamy, rich butter enhances the natural sweetness of the Corn and adds a luscious touch to each bite. Use a pastry brush or dip the Corn directly into melted butter for an indulgent treat.
Sprinkle with Spices- Experiment with different spices to give your Corn on the cob a flavorful kick. Try sprinkling it with chili powder, paprika, cayenne pepper, or a sprinkle of your favorite seasoning blend.
- Fresh Herbs:
- Please take advantage of the vibrant flavors of fresh herbs by adding them to your Corn on the Cob. Finely chop herbs like cilantro, parsley, basil, or dill and sprinkle them over the Corn. The spices add a burst of freshness and provide a beautiful visual appeal.
- Grated Cheese:
- For cheese lovers, grated cheese is a fantastic addition to Corn on the Cob. Sprinkle-grated Parmesan, cheddar, or Cotija cheese over the Corn while it’s still warm. As the cheese melts, it forms a deliciously gooey and savory coating that complements the natural sweetness of the Corn.
- A squeeze of Lime Juice:
- If you enjoy a hint of tanginess, squeeze fresh lime juice over your Corn on the cob. The citrusy flavor of the lime juice adds a refreshing twist and balances the sweetness of the Corn. It’s a simple yet effective way to enhance the overall taste.
Feel free to mix and match these serving ideas to create your unique combinations. Whether you opt for melted butter, spices, fresh herbs, grated cheese, or a squeeze of lime juice, these accompaniments will take your Instant Pot corn on the cob to new heights of flavor. Get creative and enjoy this beloved summer dish’s versatile and customizable nature!
- 1 Instant Pot Duo Crisp Plus Air Fryer 8 quart
- 5 pieces Corn
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 can Evaporated Milk
- Shuck the corn and remove the silk. Wash thoroughly and divide each corn into three.
- Put the inner pot into the Instant Pot base and add the milk, sugar, and melted butter. Mix until the sugar is dissolved.
- Line the corn standing up. If you use a smaller inner pot, you can put the rest of the corn on top of each other.
- Cover the pot with the pressure cooker lid. Push the pressure cooker button setting. Set the pressure to LO and set the timer to two minutes. Quickly release the pressure when done.
Hi, my name is Shobee. Welcome to The Skinny Pot, where we cook Easy Recipes from the available ingredients from our pantry and fridge! We’re your go-to source for simple and delicious recipes that make the most of what you already have at home. Talk about the pantry challenge. Read more...