A colleague of mine left a bag of cucumber and tomatoes in our lounge with an attached note, “Free for all, “so I brought home two large cucumbers. What can I do, I love freebies…If you happened to have a huge pile of cucumbers and you do not know what to do with them, send it my way or make this salad… and if you chose the latter, you are in luck because I happened to have the recipe which I usually use all year round. You can make this Cucumber as a last minute salad.
So easy, tasty, tangy and a best way to cool in this too hot of a summer. I really want you to make this, I mean I need you to make it, because this is really delicious. This recipe was a hit even with my American colleagues…
There are so many ways on how to make cucumber salad but this by far is my favorite. It has all the summer ingredients like tomatoes, onion and cucumber. Fast to toss- less than 30 minutes and it is wonderfully refreshing and perfect contribution to a summer potluck.
The vinegar and sugar combination is very customizeable depending on your taste. I sliced the large cucumbers into small cubes and I added tons of tomatoes and a bit of onion; there is also a hint of ginger which is optional.
Make this recipe whenever you get a hold of that cucumber which is so common this summer. I eat this with fried fish and most of the time, I even eat it by itself for dinner. You can control the sourness and sweetness in this so season accordingly depending on your taste. Enjoy!
- 2 large cucumbers slice into small cubes
- 20 pieces grape or cherry tomatoes slice to half
- 2 " length ginger chopped finely (optional)
- 1/4 cup red onion chopped
- 2 stems green onions chopped
- handful of cilantro finely chopped
- start with 1/8 cup of vinegar
- start with 2 teaspoon sugar and add accordingly
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, mix sugar, salt and vinegar. Add in the cucumber, cilantro,tomatoes,ginger (optional), onion and green onion. Mix to coat the vegetable with the dressing. Add in more sugar or salt and season according to your taste.Let the salad sit overnight or eat it right away.