1The Perfect Instant Pot Duo Crisp Whole Chicken: Succulent, and Effortless!
If you’re a fan of a juicy, tender, and flavorful whole chicken with golden, skin, you’re in for a treat! With the Instant Pot Duo Crisp, preparing a mouthwatering whole chicken has never been easier. Get ready to elevate your cooking game and impress your family and friends with this delectable dish.
In this blog post, we’ll guide you through the steps to achieve a delicious and impressive whole chicken using the Instant Pot Duo Crisp.
What is Instant Pot Duo Crisp Whole Chicken
Table of Contents
I love making whole chicken at home since you can control how salty and you can customize the flavor according to the seasonings you add to it. In this Instant Pot entire chicken post today, I seasoned the whole chicken with cajun seasoning and brined it with salt and lemon overnight so that the salt water seeps through the meat. The result is tasty chicken meat when cooked.
Top this to your soup, or pack it for lunch as is.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Moist chicken- bringing the chicken makes it moist and tasty.
- Applicable to some meals- I used whole rotisserie chicken chicken chicken in several meals.
- Cheap- I find whole chicken cheap and very affordable.
- Whole Chicken chooses a size that fits in your Instant Pot. I have an eight-quart inner pot, so chose a five-pound size chicken.
- Seasoning- Use seasoning that you like. You can use this homemade fish/chicken seasoning or your favorite flavor of Cajun Seasoning.
- Water- I opted to brine the whole chicken overnight. I use the amount of water that submerges the chicken.
- Lemon- juice of one lemon
- Salt- I used two tablespoons of salt. You can lessen the amount.
- Instant Pot Duo Crisp plus Air Fryer
- Large deep bowl
How do you Cook this Instant Pot Duo Crisp Whole Chicken
Step 1: Gather Your Ingredients. To begin this culinary adventure, gather the following ingredients:
- One whole chicken (approximately 4-5 pounds)
- Two tablespoons of your preferred seasoning (e.g., a mix of paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper). I used a Perfect pinch of Cajun Seasoning.
Step 2: Prepare the Whole Chicken Start by rinsing the chicken under cold water. Put salt and water into a deep bowl. It would be best to use a bowl where the chicken can fit into it. Mix the water and see if it is salty enough. Add the juice of one lemon. Put the whole chicken in a deep bowl and cover the bowl. Let the chicken sit in the fridge overnight.
Step 3: Drain the water and pat the chicken dry, patting it dry with paper towels—season with the Cajun Seasoning. Season the chicken generously, inside and out. Ensure that it reaches all the nooks and crannies for maximum flavor.
Step 4: Set Up the Instant Pot Duo Crisp Place the stainless steel inner pot into the Instant Pot Duo Crisp trivet with the handle up. Put the chicken on the trivet and put it into the inner pot.
Step 5: Press the air fryer setting button and set the temperature to 345 F. And set the timer to 59 minutes.
Step 5: Crisp the Chicken Skin. Once the air frying cooking time is complete, turn the air fryer setting off and set push the broil setting. Set the timer to five minutes.
Serve the Instant Pot Duo Crisp whole chicken with your favorite side dishes like roasted vegetables, mashed potatoes, or a fresh green salad. Remember to save the flavorful cooking liquid from the Instant Pot for a delicious gravy or broth!
With the Instant Pot Duo Crisp, achieving a succulent and crispy whole chicken has never been easier. Impress your loved ones with a show-stopping dish that is both juicy and flavorful. So, go ahead and try this recipe—you’ll be amazed by the results! Happy cooking!
For more Instant Pot Recipes, try these 10 Chicken Recipes cooked in the Instant Pot.
Perfect Instant Pot Duo Crisp Whole Chicken
- Instant Pot Duo Crisp Plus Air Fryer 8 quart
- Deep Bowl
- 4 lbs Whole Chicken
- 2 tbsp Salt
- Water to submerge he chicken
- 2 tbsp Cajun Seasoning, add more if you prefer
- Start by rinsing the chicken under cold water. Put salt and water into a deep bowl. It would be best to use a bowl where the chicken can fit into it.
- Mix the water and see if it is salty enough. Add the juice of one lemon.
- Put the whole chicken in a deep bowl and cover the bowl. Let the chicken sit in the fridge overnight.
- When ready, drain the water and pat the chicken dry using paper towels—season with the Cajun Seasoning. Season the chicken generously, inside and out. Ensure that it reaches all the nooks and crannies for maximum flavor
- Put The inner pot into the base.Put the chicken on the trivet. Trivet' s handle should be up for easy transfer. Transfer the chicken into the inner pot.
- Press the air fryer setting button and set the temperature to 345 F. And set the timer to 59 minutes. Place the Instant Pot trivet into the pot.
- Ensure to test the doneness of the chicken by using meat thermometer. Add more time if needed.
Make the Skin Golden
- Crisp the Chicken Skin. Once the air frying cooking time is complete, turn the air fryer setting off and set push the broil setting. Set the timer to five minutes.
Hi, my name is Shobee. Welcome to The Skinny Pot, where we cook Easy Recipes from the available ingredients from our pantry and fridge! We’re your go-to source for simple and delicious recipes that make the most of what you already have at home. Talk about the pantry challenge. Read more...