How do you make Lady finger? You may be surprised on how easily you can make this and how fast it is to whip. You don’t need fancy equipment at all and the ingredients are readily available in your stores. SO let’s start…
Lady finger is often use as a principal ingredient for many dessert recipes like charlottes and trifles. And it is sometimes use as sponge element for Tiramisu. In the Philippines, we use it for our famous Refrigerator Cake and in the photo above, I used it for my NO BAKE CHEESE CAKE (post coming soon).It may look like making Lady Finger might be a challenge to make but with this step by step method in the video and in the recipe list, I think you may be on your way to succeed at making this.
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 egg whites
- 120 grams sugar
- 140 grams all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pre heat oven at 350 F and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Separate yolks from egg whites and beat egg whites on high, add sugar in 3 intervals and beat until soft peaks.
- Add egg yolks and mix until incorporated. DON'T OVERMIX THIS PART. Just enough to combine yolks with egg whites- in fact, you can use the spatula to do this.
- Strain flour,corn starch and baking powder mixture into the egg mixture and fold flour mixture into the egg mixture.
- Pipe batter into a pastry bag with TIP WILTON # 12 ROUND NOZZLE OR 1 A ROUND NOZZLE.
- And holding the pastry bag 45 degree angle to the baking sheet . PIPE AT 12 CM as shown in the video. OR, YOU CAN PIPE THEM SEPARATELY. WITH 1 INC H DISTANCE FROM EACH BATTER
- When you have piped all the cookies, bake at 350 F for 10 to 15 minutes, or until Lady fingers are firm but barely brown.
- LET COOL AND DIVIDE LADY FINGER AND SEPARATE THEM...
Hi, my name is Shobee. Welcome to The Skinny Pot, where we cook Easy Recipes from the available ingredients from our pantry and fridge! We’re your go-to source for simple and delicious recipes that make the most of what you already have at home. Talk about the pantry challenge. Read more...