This Strawberry Cake looks as good as it tastes! With this easy recipe, make it from scratch in the comfort of your home.
I like fruit-based desserts and pastries like this because they are simply refreshing. If you like my recipes for Mango Float Cake, Mango Cheesecake, and Lemon Bars, then, you will surely like this one, too!
This Strawberry Cake recipe is so easy that you can make it at home from scratch. Skip the boxed cake mix. This is a beginner-friendly recipe that will allow you to enjoy baking without the fuss.
Aside from this recipe is so easy even for a busy home cook like I am, it yields a delicious dessert perfect for any occasion!
It is not too sweet. The fruit in it has the right balance of sweetness and tartness that makes this dessert taste so bright.
I have a confession to make though. I have a love-hate relationship with strawberries. Unless I coat them in sugar, I cannot seem to enjoy them.
But not with this recipe! Even for someone like me who used to dislike the fruit, this recipe is a hit.
How do you make Strawberry Cake from scratch?
- Prepare for baking: Preheat the oven. Prepare the pan by putting in a small amount of oil or a sheet of parchment paper. For this recipe, I use a 9-inch pan.
- Prepare the fruits: Dice half a pound of the fruits for use as filling. Then, slice the rest into halves to be used for decorating the top.
- Make the batter: In a bowl, combine sugar, oil, eggs, and the rest of the wet ingredients. Add in the flour, salt, and baking powder. Mix until smooth.
- Pour into the pan: Pour a layer of batter at the bottom of the pan. Add a layer of the diced fruits. Add a third layer of batter to cover the second layer. Then, top with the sliced fruits.
- Bake: Put the pan into the preheated oven to cook. Bake for roughly 50 minutes.
- Serve: Let it cool. Then, serve and enjoy!
If you are not using a springform pan, remove it from the pan by following these steps:
- Run a knife along the edges.
- Put a plate on top of the pan and flip the whole thing over.
- Flip again so that the fruit toppings are on top.
Can I put fresh strawberries in between cake layers?
Yes! Putting them in between the cake layers or in the batter itself gives the cake a burst of freshness overall.
Biting into the small pieces of fresh fruits as you eat it makes it more enjoyable to eat because of the texture.
Note though that moisture could be drawn out of the fresh fruits as the cake sits. So, opting for fresh fruits will shorten the shelf life.
What flavors go well with Strawberry Cake?
Personally, I like the following flavors paired with strawberry:
- Dark Chocolate
- Cream Cheese – I have a recipe for a cream cheese whipped cream frosting.
Feel free to explore these flavors and incorporate them into your version of this recipe.
More cake recipes:
How to store
At room temperature: Loosely cover it and it will stay good for a day or two at ambient conditions.
- Frozen: Wrap it with plastic or foil and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw completely before serving.
- When measuring flour, the best method is to weigh it. When using measuring cups, sprinkle the flour then level off the surface with a knife or spatula. This way, you are not putting in more flour than what you intend to put.
- To check for doneness, perform the toothpick test at around the 45-minute mark.
- Serve it with whipped cream or ice cream.
- Use the same batter recipe to make cupcakes. Then, top each one with buttercream and fresh fruit.
QUICK AND EASY STRAWBERRY CAKE
- 1 lb strawberry divided (note 1)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1/4 cup lemon juice juice of 2 medium size lemon
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 390 F
- Grease 9 " pan with oil and line with parchment paper.
- Cut 1/2 pound of strawberry into cube/dice. Divide it in 4th. Try to use only 1 cup.Set aside for later. This is use to fill the cake. (Note 1)
- Cut the other 1/2 pound into half. This will be used to arrange on top of the cake.
- Add wet ingredients in a small bowl and mix until pale in color. About 1 minute.
- Add the flour, salt and baking powder and mix gently until there are no lumps.
- Pour half of the batter into the prepared pan and spread batter on the pan. Top with the diced strawberry.
- Pour remaining half of the batter and smooth batter to cover the diced strawberries.
- Top batter with the halved strawberries and bake for 50 minutes. Or when the toothpick comes out clean (read note 2)
- Let the cake cool down and remove cake from the pan. (Note 3)
- Sprinkle with powder sugar.
Leave a Reply