This post is an easy step by step instructions on how to make Basque Cheesecake. It yields a creamy and subtly sweet cheesecake with the burnt cake on top- everyone will love.
Cream Cheese: this is on sale right now, so of course, I have to get 4 lbs. It is highly advisable to get the complete fat one, so that it is more rich.
Heavy Whipping Cream: add more richness on the cheesecake. Regular milk just don’t cut it.
Egg: This will bind the cheesecake together. Cheesecake has an eggy vibe to it due to the egg.
Sugar: I wish that we can skip this one, but we just have to add it for an awesome flavor. What is a cheesecake without sugar, after all this is an ultimate comfort food.
Salt: I always find salt as a balancer on sweetness. Add in salt in any dish and it will easily give kick to any dessert.
Vanilla Extract: add this for extra flavor.
Flour: this make the cheesecake rise in the oven.
- 2 pounds full-fat cream cheese room temperature
- 1 1/3 cups white granulated sugar
- 5 large eggs room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- Prepare the Oven and Pan: Pre heat oven at 400 F . And move the rack in the middle of the oven.
- Place parchment paper in an 9 inch springform pan. Line the pan with a large parchment paper crisscrossed in its side.
- Make the Batter: Place cream cheese and sugar in a stand up mixing bowl and mix using a wire whip.
- Mix until no lumps and cream cheese is creamy. Make sure to scrape sides using a spatula.
- Add the heavy whipping cream, heavy cream and mix until cream and no lumps. Scrape side of cream cheese using a spatula.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating on medium-low speed until each egg is combined before adding in the next.
- Remove the bowl from the mixer and using a strainer, sprinkle the all purpose flour.
- Mix on slow speed until flor is combined. Scrape sides using a spatula and make sure the batter at the bottom is well mix.
- Transfer batter in the prepared pan and bake.
- Bake: Pre heat oven at 400 F and place the oven rack in the middle of the oven. Place pan in the middle of the oven and bake for 10 minutes in 400 F and change oven setting to 350 F and bake for 50 -60 minutes. Check the top of the cream cheese for golden color and the middle is slightly jiggly.
- Cool: Remove cheesecake from the oven and let cool in room temperature. When cheesecake is cool down, remove from the pan and place in the fridge.
- Serve: When ready to serve, peel back the parchment paper and cut your slice and enjoy.
Hi, my name is Shobee. Welcome to The Skinny Pot, where we cook Easy Recipes from the available ingredients from our pantry and fridge! We’re your go-to source for simple and delicious recipes that make the most of what you already have at home. Talk about the pantry challenge. Read more...