This post is an easy step by step instructions on how to make Basque Cheesecake. It yields a creamy and subtly sweet cheesecake with the burnt cake on top- everyone will love.
Cream Cheese: this is on sale right now, so of course, I have to get 4 lbs. It is highly advisable to get the complete fat one, so that it is more rich.
Heavy Whipping Cream: add more richness on the cheesecake. Regular milk just don’t cut it.
Egg: This will bind the cheesecake together. Cheesecake has an eggy vibe to it due to the egg.
Sugar: I wish that we can skip this one, but we just have to add it for an awesome flavor. What is a cheesecake without sugar, after all this is an ultimate comfort food.
Salt: I always find salt as a balancer on sweetness. Add in salt in any dish and it will easily give kick to any dessert.
Vanilla Extract: add this for extra flavor.
Flour: this make the cheesecake rise in the oven.
- 2 pounds full-fat cream cheese room temperature
- 1 1/3 cups white granulated sugar
- 5 large eggs room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- Prepare the Oven and Pan: Pre heat oven at 400 F . And move the rack in the middle of the oven.
- Place parchment paper in an 9 inch springform pan. Line the pan with a large parchment paper crisscrossed in its side.
- Make the Batter: Place cream cheese and sugar in a stand up mixing bowl and mix using a wire whip.
- Mix until no lumps and cream cheese is creamy. Make sure to scrape sides using a spatula.
- Add the heavy whipping cream, heavy cream and mix until cream and no lumps. Scrape side of cream cheese using a spatula.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating on medium-low speed until each egg is combined before adding in the next.
- Remove the bowl from the mixer and using a strainer, sprinkle the all purpose flour.
- Mix on slow speed until flor is combined. Scrape sides using a spatula and make sure the batter at the bottom is well mix.
- Transfer batter in the prepared pan and bake.
- Bake: Pre heat oven at 400 F and place the oven rack in the middle of the oven. Place pan in the middle of the oven and bake for 10 minutes in 400 F and change oven setting to 350 F and bake for 50 -60 minutes. Check the top of the cream cheese for golden color and the middle is slightly jiggly.
- Cool: Remove cheesecake from the oven and let cool in room temperature. When cheesecake is cool down, remove from the pan and place in the fridge.
- Serve: When ready to serve, peel back the parchment paper and cut your slice and enjoy.