Red White and Blue Cake for the 4th of July dessert. The Holiday is going to get busy. You need this simple recipe for 4th of July dessert
I posted this berry cake on the 4th of July, but I thought I have to re post it because I am still trying to hold on to summer as much as I could.
Friends, I am introducing to you this Red, White and Blue Berry cake.It has very simple ingredient, easy to make and utterly delicious. The side is a bit crunchy from baking it until golden brown. It took me around 40 minutes to bake this cake and the house smelt so good. The combination of strawberry and blueberry was really a good mix – Not too sour and not bland. The batter yielded a subtle sweetness from the sugar.
Overall verdict – A MUST HAVE DESSERT AND THIS IS A TYPE OF DESSERT YOU CAN BE PROUD SHOWING OFF…
What I love about this Berry Cake:
- Accessible ingredients.
- The crust on the side.
- Aroma of this Berry Cake is o die for.
- Quick and easy to make.
- The sweetness is not overpowering.
RED,WHITE AND BLUE, BERRY CAKE
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup All purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup halve strawberries
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 350 F
- In a large bowl,cream the butter and sugar with a hand mixer at medium high speed for 3 minutes.
- Add in flour, baking powder, salt and eggs.
- Beat at medium speed for 1 minute, scraping the side of the bowl once. Add the lemon and mix gently using a spatula.
- Spread the batter evenly into an 8 inch spring form pan.
- Place blueberries and strawberries on top of the batter.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until light gold in color.
- Remove for the oven and allow to cool. Run a knife around the edges and remove sides of the pan. Sprinkle small amount of powdered sugar and ENJOY!