Beef and Cheddar Sliders
Fall and winter bring so many great reasons to get together; from sports to holidays there’s always a reason to spend time with your favorite people. Time with loved ones means one thing, food, and there is no better party food than these Brisket Beef and Cheddar Sliders!
What are Brisket Beef and Cheddar Sliders?
These small sandwiches have it all! Beef Brisket and Cheddar Sliders are simple sandwiches that are great for sharing. They’re perfect for gameday or an easy holiday appetizer!
The sliders are composed simply using rolls, cheese, and beef. These super easy sliders highlight the rich flavor of brisket and the salty bite of cheddar. Simple saucy additions take this recipe over top into perfectly delicious!
What You Will Love About These Brisket Beef and Cheddar Sliders
These sliders are simple but absolutely delicious, all thanks to the delicious brisket! The brisket is full of connective tissue and fat that makes it so flavorful. This awesome cut of meat on its own makes these sliders show-stopping, but add in all the other delicious flavors and you have the perfect bite!
Awesome Instant Pot Air Fryer Action!
These sliders are the perfect dish for trying out a few features on your new Instant Pot Air Fryer. You use the saute feature and the air fry feature to make these delicious bites so you can really get to know your appliance better, and it’s awesome!
Don’t fret if you don’t have an Instant Pot Air Fryer, because this recipe includes options. You can make the brisket on the stovetop and finish the sandwiches in the oven if you don’t have an air fryer. I love this recipe so much that I want everyone to try it no matter how you cook!
Ingredients for These Sliders
Beef brisket is a cut of beef from the chest area of the animal with even fat and tissue for a tasty cut. Grocery stores may label their brisket “full-pack,” “flat,” or “half,” so look for these labels. You should slice the brisket into thin even slices before cooking.
Garlic salt is a combination of garlic, salt, and sometimes parsley. It’s a wonderful way to get plenty of salt into the meat while still layering in extra flavor.
Onion makes meat taste more well-rounded. If you don’t have onion powder, try pulsing some minced onion or hand-grinding it to make a decent substitute.
Garlic powder helps amp up the flavor of the meat without adding any more salt.
Ground Black Pepper
Pepper helps round out the flavor of the brisket. Use standard ground black pepper or fresh grind pepper as an even substitute.
Soy sauce gives the meat a nice rounded flavor, and makes these sliders irresistible!
Fresh garlic helps build on the flavor and adds a wonderful aroma to the brisket.
Vinegar adds acid to balance the juicy beef flavor. White vinegar is the perfect typically on-hand option, but white wine, rice wine, or apple cider vinegar will work in a pinch.
This recipe calls for sauteing the brisket, so you will need oil. Vegetables and canola are two great options that are both easy to find and inexpensive.
Medium-Sharp Cheddar Cheese
The medium-sharp flavor of a good cheddar brings a wonderful balance to the brisket. It is also easy to melt, making it just right for these little sandwiches.
Pepper Jack Cheese
Pepper Jack and beef just go together! The slight spice of the cheese complements the meat beautifully.
Choose your favorite type of dinner rolls. Brown-and-serve rolls work well or Hawaiian rolls are a sweet choice. Get creative and pick a flavor that you love for the rolls. If you want a delicious and simple roll you can make yourself try my Easy Dinner Roll Recipe.
Cook the Brisket:
- Either set the Instant Pot to “Saute” or heat a pan on the stovetop set to medium heat. Add the oil and cook the beef. Saute until the beef is cooked through, or changes its color. Season with the rest of the ingredients. Turn off the heat and let it cool.
Cooking in the Conventional Oven:
- Split Dinner rolls in half using a paring knife. Set the top aside.
- Place the bottom roll on the baking sheet and Spread the yum yum sauce. Please see the note for the recipe
- Place the cooked beef on top and top the beef with the cheese. Cover with the other top of the roll.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake at 390°F for fifteen minutes, or when the top is golden brown and the cheeses are melted.
Cooking in the Instant Pot Air Fryer:
- An eight-quart Instant Pot will fit six-count dinner rolls. Split Dinner rolls in half using a paring knife. Set the top aside.
- Place the first six roll bottoms inside the inner pot and spread with the yum yum sauce. Place the cooked beef on top and top the beef with the cheese. Cover with the other top of the roll.
- Set the bake button and set the timer at 390°F and set the timer to five minutes.
Expert Tips and Tricks
- Working in batches might be necessary with the Instant Pot. My 8-quart Instant Pot can fit about six rolls at a time.
- Yum Yum Sauce is a condiment traditionally used in Japanese steakhouses. It pairs beautifully with the rich and meaty brisket!
What to Serve with These Brisket Beef and Cheddar Sliders?
These sliders are here for the party! They are perfect for bringing to an event or serving at your own celebration. They are just perfect as part of a joyous and bountiful buffet.
Try these tasty Brisket Beef and Cheddar Sliders at your next party as part of a buffet with my Cajun Shrimp Pasta. If the party is during the warm season, try them with my beautiful Strawberry Spinach Salad Recipe. Both pairings make perfect party food!
How to Store These Sliders
These sliders are so delicious that they will fly off the serving table, but don’t worry if there are a few leftovers! You can store these sliders. Here are a few notes to help you pack away the extras:
- Allow the sliders to cool completely.
- Line an airtight container with paper towels or parchment paper.
- Place the slides in a single layer in the airtight container and refrigerate for up to four days.
How to Reheat These Sliders
The trick to reheating these sliders is all about the roll. The rolls tend to get soggy in the microwave and hard in the oven. You have to reheat with care so that the rolls hold up; here are some tips to help with that:
- When reheating in the microwave, cover the sliders with a damp paper towel or set a small cup of water in the corner. This helps the rolls stay moist, but not soggy. Microwave in 30-second bursts until warm.
- When reheating in the oven, opt for a thick glass baking dish or casserole dish, this will help protect the rolls from burning. Also, add a shallow baking dish with water to the rack below the rolls and set the oven to 350°F. Reheat the sliders for up to 10 minutes or until fully warm.
More Recipes You’ll Love
These delicious sliders are great for a party, so here are a few other party recipes I love to serve:
- Easy Gimbap Recipe
- Large Batch Barbecued Meatballs
- Food for the Gods
- 3 Ingredient Deep-Fried Shrimp Rolls
- One Pot Sticky 30-Minute Chicken Wings
Beef and Cheddar Cheddar Slices
- Instant Pot Duo Crisps Plus Air Fryer
- Conventional Oven
- baking sheet
- Inner Pot
- 1 lb beef brisket slices
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 tbsp garlic salt
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- 2 tsp vinegar
- 6 pieces medium sharp cheddar cheese
- 6 pieces pepper jack cheese
- 12 ct dinner rolls of your choice
- 6 pieces mild cheddar cheese
- Hibachi Sauce, optional please see notes for the recipe
Cook the Beef
- Split Dinner rolls in half using a paring knife. Set the top aside
- Heat oil and cook the beef. Saute’ until the beef is cooked through, or it changes its color. Season with the rest of the ingredients. Turn off the heat and let it cool.
Cook in the conventional oven
- Follow steps one and two.Preheat the oven to 390 F.Place the bottom roll on the baking sheet and spread with Hibachi sauce if using. Please see the note for the recipe.
- Place the cooked beef on top and top them with the cheese. Cover with the other top of the roll. Brush the roll with melted butter.
- Bake at sliders at 390 F for ten to fifteen minutes, or when the top is golden brown and the cheeses are melted.
How to Cook in the Instant Pot Air Fryer
- I have an eight-quart Instant pot inner pot, so it will fit six-count dinner rolls.
- Follow steps one and two.
- Place the bottom rolls inside the inner pot and spread them with the Hibachi sauce. Top it with the prepared meat and top the meat with the cheese. See notes for the Hibachi sauce recipe.
- Cover the Instant pot with the air fryer lid and push the bake button setting. Set the temperature to 390 F and set the timer to five minutes.
Hi, my name is Shobee. Welcome to The Skinny Pot, where we cook Easy Recipes from the available ingredients from our pantry and fridge! We’re your go-to source for simple and delicious recipes that make the most of what you already have at home. Talk about the pantry challenge. Read more...