It is Stir Fried Teriyaki Salmon time my friends. And since it is salmon, it is healthy fat, right? It is a healthy, easy and a delicious meal to serve for your family who may have a special aversion with fish.
I know some of you may not be a fan of fish but how about trying this salmon for a dare. This Stir Fry Teriyaki Salmon was a hit with my children even though they are not a fish fan. There is a big chance you will become a fish convert.
I got this recipe from the Oriental Wok Cookbook and I was not expecting anything from it. All I know is that I have to use the salmon in the freezer. To be honest, when I read through the recipe and saw the various sauces and honey in the marinade, I got cynical on how it will turn out because in my household,we prepare salmon the easy way- we usually prepare our salmon by rubbing salt and pepper on it and then grill it.
At the same time, however, I got hopeful due to the tomato ketchup . Whenever there is a ketchup in a recipe, chances are – it will be good. And yes, this recipe did not disappoint. It smelled great and the taste had a little sweetness and sourness in it. As you take a bite, the aroma of the sauces are very distinct.
I also love the smell of the garlic and the gentle taste of the honey which was still tangible in spite of the surrounding sauces it was mixed with. I also like the leeks that the salmon was embedded on. I like the gentle tangy onion taste of the leeks paired with the salmon. ( Please check the How to Clean Leeks post)
I know the word and the thought of fish will turn you off, but just try this Stir Fried Salmon and I extremely believe you will be hooked.
STIR FRIED TERIYAKI SALMON
- 1 pound salmon filllet skinned
- 2 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon tomato ketchup
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 3 tablespoon corn oil or canola oil use the 1 tablespoon for the leeks and the remaining 2 tablespoon for cooking the salmon
- 1 leek thinly shredded
- finely chopped red chilis to garnish optional
- Using a sharp knife, cut the salmon into thin slices. Place the salmon in a non metallic dish
- FOR THE MARINADE :
- Mix together the soy sauce,ketchup,vinegar, sugar and garlic
- Pour the mixture over the salmon,toss and marinate for about 30 minutes
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil into a frying pan or wok
- Add the leeks into the pan and stir fry over a medium heat for about 10 minutes or until the leeks become crispy and tender
- Using a slotted spoon remove the leeks from the pan into a plate
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoon of oil into the pan.
- Add the salmon and the marinade sauce and cook the salmon for 5 minutes or until the salmon is cooked through.
- Spoon it over the leeks.Drizzle the sauce on the salmon and serve immediately