It is Stir Fried Teriyaki Salmon time my friends. And since it is salmon, it is healthy fat, right? It is a healthy, easy and a delicious meal to serve for your family who may have a special aversion with fish.
I know some of you may not be a fan of fish but how about trying this salmon for a dare. This Stir Fry Teriyaki Salmon was a hit with my children even though they are not a fish fan. There is a big chance you will become a fish convert.
I got this recipe from the Oriental Wok Cookbook and I was not expecting anything from it. All I know is that I have to use the salmon in the freezer. To be honest, when I read through the recipe and saw the various sauces and honey in the marinade, I got cynical on how it will turn out because in my household,we prepare salmon the easy way- we usually prepare our salmon by rubbing salt and pepper on it and then grill it.
At the same time, however, I got hopeful due to the tomato ketchup . Whenever there is a ketchup in a recipe, chances are – it will be good. And yes, this recipe did not disappoint. It smelled great and the taste had a little sweetness and sourness in it. As you take a bite, the aroma of the sauces are very distinct.
I also love the smell of the garlic and the gentle taste of the honey which was still tangible in spite of the surrounding sauces it was mixed with. I also like the leeks that the salmon was embedded on. I like the gentle tangy onion taste of the leeks paired with the salmon. ( Please check the How to Clean Leeks post)
I know the word and the thought of fish will turn you off, but just try this Stir Fried Salmon and I extremely believe you will be hooked.
- 1 pound salmon filllet skinned
- 2 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon tomato ketchup
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 3 tablespoon corn oil or canola oil use the 1 tablespoon for the leeks and the remaining 2 tablespoon for cooking the salmon
- 1 leek thinly shredded
- finely chopped red chilis to garnish optional
- Using a sharp knife, cut the salmon into thin slices. Place the salmon in a non metallic dish
- FOR THE MARINADE :
- Mix together the soy sauce,ketchup,vinegar, sugar and garlic
- Pour the mixture over the salmon,toss and marinate for about 30 minutes
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil into a frying pan or wok
- Add the leeks into the pan and stir fry over a medium heat for about 10 minutes or until the leeks become crispy and tender
- Using a slotted spoon remove the leeks from the pan into a plate
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoon of oil into the pan.
- Add the salmon and the marinade sauce and cook the salmon for 5 minutes or until the salmon is cooked through.
- Spoon it over the leeks.Drizzle the sauce on the salmon and serve immediately
Hi, my name is Shobee. Welcome to The Skinny Pot, where we cook Easy Recipes from the available ingredients from our pantry and fridge! We’re your go-to source for simple and delicious recipes that make the most of what you already have at home. Talk about the pantry challenge. Read more...