Buffalo Chicken Bites is a perfect make- ahead party meal you can prepare. You can make this mini bites two or three days ahead before the occasion. Just microwave it to reheat, and you are good to go. Oh, in case you have not heard, MY SEAHAWKS WON!!!
There are times in which party preparations are just too much to tackle; so I am sharing this Buffalo Chicken Bites meal recipe that you can make ahead of time. Although fresh is always the best, there are circumstances in which fresh is not possible, so here is the solution.I actually made this chicken bites four days before the football party and I was still saying, ” Hmmmm” when I ate it. By preparing party foods ahead of time, it will lift off some loads from your shoulders and you can focus on other party tasks that need your attention.
This Buffalo Chicken bites is perfect for children’s party because it is small enough for kids to hold. It is also great for potluck occasion because it is very portable to carry around. And for that Valentine’s party you re planning, how about you add Buffalo Chicken Bites in your menu? This will look good on your buffet table.
If there is one thing that I could have complained in this recipe, I should have made it very spicy by adding in some jalopeno or red chilis in them to make this chicken bites kicking with hotness. Just like my Baked Jalopeno Poppers, I have to go easy on the spicy-ness to accommodate the kids.
I used the pretzel recipe for the dough. If you had tried that, you will remember that it was easy to make. I got the filling recipe from Joelen’s blog .I also showed here the step by step photo on the process of how to make these chicken bites for those of you who are visual type of people. I hope you will enjoy this.
Here is the step by step photo of How to Make Buffalo Chicken Bites:
1. Prepare the ingredients. Create the dough and put it in the warm place
4. Brush the dough with the scrambled egg to get the golden brown look and slice the filled dough in 1 inch length mini bites and bake at 350 F. The recipe for the filling is from Joelen’s Blog and the filling is from the How to Make Soft Pretzel post.
BUFFALO CHICKEN BITES
- 2 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 1/4 teaspoon fast rising yeast
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter melted and cooled
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup warm milk
- 1 egg scrambled ( you will have some left over scrambled egg - it is your choice to have this part or not but if you skip this, you will not get that pretty golden brown look on your Chicken Bites)
- 1 1/2 cup finely diced cooked chicken breast see notes below
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup hot sauce I used the Louisiana Hot sauce
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter melted and cooled
- FOR THIS RECIPE WE USED A TOTAL OF 6 TABLESPOON UNSALTED BUTTER : 2 TBS FOR THE DOUGH AND 4 TBS FOR THE FILLING
- Mix all the filling ingredients in a non metallic bowl. Set aside for later.
- Place the flour, yeast and salt in the stand up mixer bowl. And whisk to completely incorporate.
- Place the milk and sugar in microwavable cup and mix dissolve the sugar. When the sugar is dissolve heat it for 1 minute in the microwave.
- Make a well in the flour and pour in the milk mixture and mix to form a soft dough.
- When the dough is smooth and soft, place it in grease bowl and cover with plastic and place a warm place ( please see notes below) and let the dough rise for an hour
- Line 2 baking sheets with a parchment paper and set aside.
- Slightly grease your flat surface with oil
- Preheat over at 350 F
- Divide the risen dough into 4 separate balls.
- Flatten it into a rectangle as shown above and line it with the filling
- Seal as shown above.
- Brush the dough with scramble egg, and cut into 1 1/2 length size and place it on the prepared baking sheet.
- Do the same of the remaining dough.
- Bake in a pre heated oven for 15 minutes or until the top of the Buffalo Chicken Bites are golden brown