Ube cookie is an amazing recipe, my family love. Rich in Ube flavor, crunchy in every bite from the Ube Powder, It’s perfect for gift giving. A hit dessert every time!
MORE CRINKLES COOKIE RECIPE
Ube Cookie Crinkles is another alternative to the usual American Chocolate Crinkles cookie and Red Velvet cookie. Instead of the bottled Ube halaya, I added the used powder to give the Ube cookie crunch on each bite and the Ube flavor to give it the
It’ is the 4th time I have made a crinkle cookie. Talk about making it so obvious how I love it. I like how it looks and how much it’s straightforward to make.
I made Ube cookie crinkles to give away for the Holidays, so I was hoping you could make them for friends too. Don’t limit yourself, though. Make it as dessert on regular days, just like I do.
Picking a favorite among these cookies is hard because they are all delicious.
The Ube Flavor is distinct. I added the Ube powder so that we’ll not use Ube Halaya, which is a good decision because doing so achieves the crinkled look I wanted and brings the crunch in each bite.
How to make Ube Cookie Crinkles
- Step 1: In a medium-size bowl, add the Ube Halaya powder, sugar, and oil. Mix and add in the eggs. And the Ube flavor. Mix until incorporated.
- Step 2: Add in and sift All purpose flour, salt, and baking powder and mix until the mixture is well incorporated.
- Step 3: Cover the mixture with plastic wrap and refrigerate for an hour.
- Step 4: Place the oven rack in the middle of the oven and preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Step 5: When ready, roll the cookie dough in the powdered sugar place it in the cookie pan, and bake Ube cookie in the pre-heated oven for 12 minutes.
UBE COOKIE INGREDIENTS:
- Buko Powder- this adds crunch and add flavor to the cookie.
- White granulated sugar sweetens the cookie.
- Canola oil- give volume and bind the cookie dough together.
- Large eggs- acts as a leavening agent and add volume to the dough.
- Ube extract- heightens the flavor of the cookie and deepens the color.
- All-purpose flour- adds volume and structure to the cookie, and it is the base ingredient.
- Baking powder- adds as the leavening agent.
- Salt-adds flavor.
- Powder sugar (used to roll the dough) – is crucial to get the crinkle look.
HOW TO STORE CRINKLES COOKIE :
Cookie Crinkle stores really well frozen or not. This is how to store them.
- Form the cookie dough into a ball (don’t roll in the powder sugar) and line them in a flat pan. Place the dough in the freezer to harden. When ready, place in a zip-loc. If you are ready to bake the cookies, simply roll them into powdered sugar and bake for 14 minutes.
- You can freeze the bake cookies also. Just line them with parchment paper and freeze them.
- Or, you can put it in a sealed container and let it sit on the counter ready to be eaten.
TIPS TO MAKE COOKIE CRINKLES CRINKLE
Making cookie crinkles is very simple. You mix the ingredients and make a dough. But there are several reasons why it doesn’t achieve the crinkle or crackled exterior. Below are some things you can follow to get the crinkled surface and why the sugar melted with the cookie.
- The dough had melted because you handled it by hand too much.
- The dough is liquid-y. Make sure the flour is measured correctly.
- You did not let it chill for an hour in the fridge.
- Did you roll it in powder sugar?
MY COOKIE IS FLAT AND HARD
The outcome of this recipe should be a fudgy and soft cookie. If this cookie comes out hard and flat, here is what went wrong.
- Did you chill the dough? Chilling the cookie dough solidifies the fat in it. As the cookie bakes, it takes longer for the fat in the cookie to bake. And the longer the fat bake, the less the cookie spread. This is also the reason why you have to scoop about 3 tablespoons of dough and form it into a ball.
- Form it into a round ball and arrange it in a cookie. Make sure you have a 2-inch distance from each other.
- Pat gently the top of the dough to achieve a hint of a flat top.
- Place the oven rack in the middle of the oven.
- Bake in a 350 F oven. Make sure you preheat the oven and bake for 12 minutes maximum. Remove the cookie from the oven and gently transfer to a wire rack.
WHERE CAN I BUY UBE POWDER AND UBE FLAVOR
You can buy Ube Flavoring in Asian Stores and in Amazon.
FOR UBE CAKE RECIPES:
UBE COOKIE CRINKLES
- medium size bowl
- cookie pan
- plastic wrap
- 1/2 cup Ube Powder
- 1 cup Sugar white granulated
- 1/4 cup Oil
- 2 large eggs
- 11/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Ube flavor I used Mc Cormick
Ube Cookie Dough
- Ube Cookie Dough: In a medium-size bowl, add the Ube Halaya powder, sugar, and oil. Mix and add in the egg and the Ube flavor. Mix until incorporated.
- Sift : All purpose flour, salt, and baking powder and mix until the mixture is well incorporated.
- Before baking: Cover the cookie dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate for an hour.
- Preheat oven: Place the oven rack at the middle of the oven and preheat at 350 F
- When ready, scoop two tablespoons of the dough form the cookie dough into a ball. Place in a cookie pan, with 2 inches distance between each other and bake for 12 minutes.
- After baking remove the cookie from the pan and let it cool in the wire rack.