Crock Pot Beef Afritada. This Filipino-style beef stew is perfectly cooked in a crock pot, resulting in tender meat and a creamy sauce. Beef Afritada is ideal for hectic days. Mix all the ingredients, and when you come back from work, you will have a delicious meal waiting for you.
Why You Will Love Filipino Beef Afritada
- Tender and Flavorful: Slow-cooking the beef results in fork-tender meat infused with the savory goodness of the sauce.
- Balanced Flavors: The combination of tomato sauce, soy sauce, and fish sauce creates a perfect harmony of sweet, salty, and umami notes.
- Convenience of Crock Pot: The crockpot does the heavy lifting, allowing you to enjoy a flavorful meal with minimal effort.
- Versatility: Serve it over rice, noodles, or with a side of crusty bread – this dish adapts effortlessly to various accompaniments.
Ingredients for Filipino Beef Afritada
Gather the following ingredients to create this savory and comforting dish:
- Beef Stew Meat: tender beef stew meat, cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Garlic and onion- add flavor undertones and minced garlic for aromatic depth
- Potatoes: peeled and cubed for added heartiness.
- Carrots: sliced into rounds for sweetness.
- Bell Peppers: sliced for vibrant color and flavor.
- Frozen Green Peas
- Tomato Sauce: for the rich base of the dish.
- Tomato Sauce: add a layer of richness.
- Chicken Broth
- Hot Dogs, preferably Purefoods Brand, but the Red Colored ones in your groceries will do
How to Cook Filipino Beef Afritada in a Crock Pot
- Large Crock Pot
- frying pan
- chopping board
- 1/4 cup Canola Oil
- 1 lb Boneless Beef for Stew cut into small bit pieces.
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium Red Onion, chopped
- 5 inches long carrots cut into small cubes
- 2 pieces medium-sized potatoes cut into small sized cubes
- 1/2 piece Bell Pepper cut into small cubes
- 4 pieces Small Hot Dogs slice into bite-sized pieces preferably Purefoods Brand but the Red Colored ones in your groceries will do
- 1 can 14.5 oz Low Fat and Low Sodium Chicken Broth or beef broth
- 1 can 8 oz Hunt's Tomato Sauce
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 1 tsp brown sugar to taste and salt
- 2 pieces dry bay leaves
- Add oil to a pan and brown the beef on all sides. Transfer the meat to the crock pot.
- In the same pan, saute the onion and garlic. Let them brown and transfer into the crockpot. Turn off the heat.
- Add potatoes, carrots, bell pepper, hot dog, and bay leaves into the pot. Pour the beef broth and set the crock pot on high for 4 hours and 6 hours on low overnight.
- When ready, add the tomato sauce and mix- season with salt and pepper and brown sugar. Add frozen green peas.
- Continue cooking for 10-15 minutes. Turn off the crock pot. Let it sit for a few more minutes and serve.
Hi, my name is Shobee. Welcome to The Skinny Pot, where we cook Easy Recipes from the available ingredients from our pantry and fridge! We’re your go-to source for simple and delicious recipes that make the most of what you already have at home. Talk about the pantry challenge. Read more...