Chicken Noodle Soup Filipino Style is in the house!!! . Hey, guys! Today, I am sharing with you this super simple soup which is ready within 30 minutes. This soup is actually highly requested recipe by my kids when they are sick, so I am super excited to share with you all.
You can use any part of the chicken as your meat here. We’ve used chicken breast, chicken drumsticks before, but today, I used about a quarter pound of skinless chicken thigh Whatever it is you Whatever you decide, it still tastes great and it still bring comfort to you.
In this post, I used a regular milk but I highly recommend it that you use evaporated milk as this is what makes the soup more “Filipino ” and by that, I meant it is what a “Filipino palate” likes.
With regards to the pasta, you can use elbow pasta or this macaroni shells.
When we make this Chicken Noodle Soup, we usually make a very big batch so that there will be leftover for pack lunch the next day.
IF YOU WANT ANOTHER SOUP RECIPE, I GOT A FEW MORE IN THIS LINK:
Chicken Soup -Tinolang Manok
FILIPINO CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP
- 1/2 lb Skinless chicken thigh
- 1 1/2 cup elbow macaroni or shell
- 1/2 inch carrot chopped
- 1 small size red onion chopped
- 1 1/2 cup cabbage sliced
- 2 stems red onion chopped
- 2 stems celery chopped
- salt pepper, garlic powder and onion powder to taste
- In a small pan, heat cooking oil and then saute' onion,
- When the onion looks translucent, add in the chicken and cooked until it changes its color.
- Add in the water and let simmer for 3 more minutes and add in pasta and cook until soft .It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes .Add water if needed.
- When chicken is cooked through, add the milk and let simmer for 3 more minutes and add the cabbage. Cook for another 3 minutes and add in the green onion, Cover and turn off heat. Serve while it is hot.