This Instant Pot Chicken Breast Congee is my healing meal. It’s also called Arroz Caldo in the Philippines, this is often serve as comfort food when we are sick. Cook in an instant, this Congee is made easy using the Instant Pot.
Instant Pot Chicken Breast Congee
My parents were not a big fan of taking medicine when we were sick. If we get a cough, we drink more water. If we twist our ankles, a cold compress will work and if we have a fever, we are serve with Chicken Breast Congee. Otherwise called Arroz Caldo, chicken congee is our healing catharsis of any sickness. And my children know that they’ll have this whenever they are sick.
I made Chicken congee before for healing purposes, but this time I made it to make a quick dinner, and this Congee was made fast using my Instant Pot Duo Crisp.
Today, we are making Chicken Congee in the Instant Pot. You will learn
- Chicken Congee Ingredients
- How to Instruction
- What meat to use and substitution.
- Instant Pot Setting and how long to cook it.
I want to emphasize each instant pot is different, and some settings may not be on the instant pot you got. In my case, I am using Instant Pot Duo Crisp 11-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker with Air Fryer Lid, 8 Quart. This Instant pot does not have the rice setting, so I am using the pressure cooker.
How to make Chicken Congee in the Instant Pot
Step one: You don’t need to wash the rice, and you can wash it if you prefer, but I think there’s no need to do so.
Step two: Push the saute button, saute the ginger with a small amount of oil, and saute it until golden brown.
Step three: Add in the garlic and saute and add the rice. Mix the rice until coated with oil, and Add in the water.
Step four: Push the pressure button and set the temperature to HI. Set timer to eighteen minutes.
Step five: Remove the chicken and shred it. And set the setting at saute. Season with salt and water, and add in carrot and green onions.
Can you freeze cooked Congee?
Yes! You can freeze Congee. Please place it in a container and put it in the freezer. Let it sit on the counter and microwave when ready to consume it.
Can you put raw chicken in an Instant Pot?
Yes. In this post, I added the chicken breast before starting the pressure cooker process. After eighteen minutes, I removed the chicken, shredded it, and added it.
How long is the porridge setting on Instant Pot?
I used my Instant Pot Duo Crisp Plus Air fryer, so I don’t have the porridge setting, so I used the saute button to extract the ginger flavor and then pushed the pressure cooker button for eighteen minutes.
How long does it take to cook chicken breast in Instant Pot?
I cook my chicken breast in my Instant Pot Duo Crisp for eighteen minutes.
Is chicken congee healthy?
In my culture, Chicken congee or Arroz Caldo is considered a healing or cathartic meal when we are sick; so we always had this when we were young; so it’s healthy for me. The warm soup brings comfort, but eating it with the number of carbohydrates in the rice is not a good idea for those who maintain their sugar levels.
For more Instant Pot Duo Crisp Recipes
- Jasmine Rice Cooked in the Instant Pot
- Okinawan Sweet Potato
- Instant Pot Kare Kare
- Instant Pot Adobo
- Instant Pot Sushi Rice
- Instant Pot Gua Bao
- Instant Pot Oyster Sauce Chicken Wings
- Instant Pot Pork Chashu
- Instant Pot Pearl Meatballs
- Instant Pot Steamed Pork and Shrimp Dumplings
- Instant Pot Char Siu
- Instant Pot Korean Cheese Katsu
- Instant Pot Gua Bao Pork Belly Filling
Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook
Instant Pot Chicken Breast Congee
- Instant Pot Duo Crisp Plus Air fryer lid
- 2 tablespoons ginger finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic finely chop
- 1/2 cup glutinous rice
- 6 cups water
- 1 piece chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Place inner pot in the instant pot base and push the saute' button.
- Saute' the ginger until brown and add in the garlic. Saute' the garlic for one minute and add the glutinous rice. Gently mix and add the water and add the chicken breast.
- Cover the pot using the pressure cooker lid and push pressure cooking button, set temperature on HI and set at 400 F for 18 minutes.
- Instant pot will start building pressure and then start the eighteen-minute time. After eighteen minutes, release the pressure and remove the chicken breast, and shred.
- Push the saute' button and season with salt or fish sauce. Add in green onions. carrots and add in the shredded chicken. If you need to add water, add it this time. Season according to your liking.
Shobelyn Dayrit says
Hi! Add the chicken breast to the water. After eighteen minutes, remove it and shred it. Thank you and TC.
Kristine Nielson says
Hello! The recipe itself doesn’t say when to add the chicken breast or it’s supposed to be cut up. I assume you add the breast with the water?