Budget Weekly Meal Plan. Welcome to my first weekly meal plan menu! Here, you will find budget meals that you can easily make at home. This meals are microwave friendly, so you can make a big batch and bring the leftover to work.
Budget Weekly Meal Plan
Meal Planning is a great way to save on groceries and save time. It lessens stress and questions on, “What should I cook for the next week?” It also save so much money since the mentality of having ready cooked meal at home frees you from giving in to eating out and picking up meal on take out.
This are my Secret for a Successful Budget Weekly Meal Planning
- List all the foods your family already like. And have them choose.
- List the food you already know how to cook.
- Shop in your freezer first and pantry and make your menu around them.
- Since you already check your pantry and freezer for ingredients, shop only the ingredients you need.
- Prepare all of the ingredients. Chop the meat, slice the veggies, marinate and prepare the pot.
- Don’t stress when the house is a mess.
- Just do it.
Tips for Cooking Huge Batch
- List all of the ingredients you need.
- Make sure you have enough zip loc, lunch boxes to store the food.
- Portion the meal leftover for the next day’s lunch.
In my case, all these meals go along perfectly with rice, but you can eat this with dinner rolls, tomatoes, avocado, cucumber, or any salad you like.
Menu for the Week of June 14- 18,2021
- Chicken Leg Oven Bake Pair this with rice or a slice of a cucumber and simply tomato. Make a huge batch. The recipe calls for 4 lbs of chicken legs.
- In homemade chicken Gyros the main meat ingredient is chicken tender, which is sold cheaply in Walmart.
- Velveeta Cheeseburger Mac and Cheese this recipe has the most basic ingredients you may already have at home. A lot of my Pinterest followers tried this and left rave reviews.
- Honey Garlic Chicken is so delicious yet very simple to make. It’s ok not to thread it in a skewer. Just fry the small pieces of meat and portion them in your lunch box.
- Greek Chicken Kebab assuming you have leftover chicken breast or chicken tenders, make and spice it for Greek Chicken Kebab. Skip the Tzatsiki sauce if it’s too much for you.
What Will I do with the Leftover
I have been there, you made meal prep, you made a huge batch and you got tired of eating them every single day. So box them and freeze them and eat them for the next week or the next 3 weeks’ meal.
Staple Spice in your Pantry
These are the basic spices staples you need to have in your spice rack and in your pantry.
- Dried thyme
- Dried oregano
- Soy Sauce
- Salt and pepper
FOR MORE BUDGET MEALS AND MY BUDGET JOURNEY