This ONE POT CHICKEN ALFREDO is creamy, flavorful, simple to make meal with less the mess. It uses less ingredient and a nice change of pace from the usual pasta sauce.
If you try this ONE POT CHICKEN ALFREDO and like it, you can try my Velveeta Cheese Burger Mac and Cheese, Filipino Style Spaghetti, Green Peas Penne Pasta. And check out my Pinterest board for all of my recipe collection.
ONE POT CHICKEN ALFREDO
As much as I can, I always try to make my life simple and less stressful, so I try to make meals that are easy to make even when I am crunch of time; so this ONE POT CHICKEN ALFREDO came into the picture. It’s less mess and not a lot of dishes to wash. It’s a one pot meal.
And you can make this meal easier by substituting ingredients. And if you are on a diet or is concern about your weight, there are some substitutions too.
ONE POT CHICKEN ALFREDO Ingredient substitute:
- Bacon and Shrimp you can replace chicken with these two ingredients still turns out flavorful and delicious.
- Mushroom – add mushroom instead of Broccoli if you are not a broccoli fan. Just saute’ it with the garlic or onion.
- Onion – if you don’t have garlic like what happened to me when I cooked this, replace it with onion. Although for real alfredo sauce, you need a garlic; but hey, we are just trying to eat dinner, right?
- Parsley – you can skip this altogether, since parsley in Alfredo sauce is purely for cosmetics. But again, a real Alfredo sauce needs a parsley.
- Half and half- if you want to make this meal a little lighter, replace heavy whipping cream with half and half or just use milk.
- Use penne, linguine, spaghetti, elbow mac OR any type of pasta.
HOW TO STORE ONE POT CHICKEN ALFREDO LEFTOVER?
- Put it in a sealed container and refrigerate for 3 days.
- You can freeze it too and thaw it on the counter and heat it up.
- This Chicken Alfredo is really good and a hit in our family, I doubt you’ll have left over.
WHAT PASTA SHOULD I USE TO MAKE CHICKEN ALFREDO?
- Elbow macaroni
- Any type of Italian Pasta
TIPS TO MAKE ONE POT CHICKEN ALFREDO
- 2/3 cups milk and 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream was just enough to get a creamy pasta.
- Precook the broccoli so that it will not get soggy. Add it towards the end of the cooking
- Buy precook chicken to make this One Pot dinner quicker.
- Add cream 1 oz of cream cheese to make the sauce creamier, although leaving the cream cheese out yielded a creamy sauce.
- Let the pasta sit before serving to make the sauce set and stick to the pasta.
- Use low heat when cooking your Alfredo sauce.
- Stir the liquid constantly after adding the Parmesan cheese, so it won’t stick at the bottom.
HOW TO MAKE ALFREDO SAUCE LIGHTER?
- Skip the butter. Use canola oil.
- Use half and half or milk.
- Use low fat Parmesan cheese.
WHERE TO SERVE CHICKEN ALFREDO:
- Pot Luck
- Simply Dinner
- Breakfast for leftover
- Meal prep
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN ALFREDO SAUCE?
- Saute’ the onion with hot oil
- Add in the milk and the heavy whipping cream. At this time too, add the chopped parsley.
- Bring to a simmer in low heat and add the Parmesan cheese.
- Stir the cheese constantly, so that it will not stick at the bottom of the pan.
- Continue stirring until the cheese melts and the liquid turns into a creamy sauce.
- Add the broccoli, and cooked pasta and mix.
- Add the chicken and continue to simmer in low hear for another 3 minutes.
- Serve hot.
ONE POT CHICKEN ALFREDO
- 2 tablespoons oil canola oil, olive oil or butter is fine
- 1 lb boneless and skinless chicken breast cooked and slice into strips (rotisserie chicken is fine)
- 1/4 cup onion chopped ( if using garlic, skip the onion and use 4 cloves garlic,chopped)
- 1/2 cup parsley chopped
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- 8 oz fettucine pasta cooked
- 8 - 10 oz broccoli florets pre cooked you can buy the microwaveable pack in store
- salt and pepper to taste
- Season chicken breast with 1/2 tablespoon salt and 1 teaspoon pepper in each side (lesser amount if you prefer).
- Heat oil in a medium sized frying pan and cook chicken in high heat until chicken is cook through- about 5 minutes each side.
- Remove chicken from the pan, and let chicken continue cooking in its steam until it cools. Slice chicken into strips and set aside until ready to use.
- In the same pan, add cooking oil and saute' onion in high heat until transparent.
- Lower heat. Add heavy cream, milk and 1/2 cup of parsley.
- Bring into a simmer and add in 1 cup of Parmesan cheese.
- Continue to simmer in low heat while stirring constantly until the cheese melt into a creamy sauce.
- Add in 8- 10 oz cooked broccoli and cooked pasta into the sauce and mix everything and let it simmer for another 3 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add chicken and serve while it's hot.
Shobelyn Dayrit says
Adrieene, thank you.
Alfredo is such a guilty pleasure! I love the way you have shown ways to lighten it up if needed. Thanks for the excellent recipe!