Taho is a Filipino snack made of silken tofu. Often served before breakfast these healthy snacks surely fill you to get ready for the days’ challenges.
More Filipino Desserts:
- 1 block silken tofu drain the liquid
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup Boba pearl
- 10 cups water
- Place the dark brown sugar and water in a saucepan and let them boil on low heat until there are no lumps. Cook on low heat for ten minutes. Let the syrup cool and transfer to a clean container. Store in the fridge to store.
- Place the boba pearl in a large saucepan and add the water. Cook the pearls until it is transparent or, until the white opaque is not present. This process takes a long time to cook. Make sure to mix gently and scrape the bottom, since the pearls tend to stick on the pan.
- Place five cups of water in your steamer. When ready, place the silken tofu and steam on high heat for twenty. Remove silken tofu and serve
- When ready place the tofu in a small glass and add the syrup and the pearl balls. Add more syrup if needed.