This is your Beginner’s Guide on How To Use Instant Pot Duo Crisp + Air Fryer. You’ll learn the parts, settings, and safety measures of this new product.
If you just bought an Instant Pot Duo Crisp + Air Fryer, I’m sure you can’t wait to get started making delicious recipes! Getting started can feel intimidating, though, from maintenance to setting and use there is a lot to learn! Don’t get overwhelmed, refer to this guide to help you get to know your new favorite appliance!
Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Instant Pot Duo Crisp + Air Fryer
Here is everything you need to know about the hardware included with your new Instant Pot Duo Crisp + Air Fryer.
This is where you cook. The inner pot is the interior metal pot within the Instant Pot.
Multi-Level Air Fryer Basket
The air fryer basket holds food and helps deliver even crispness to every piece of food fried in the Instant Pot. It is used in conjunction with the Air Fryer lid to turn the Instant Pot into an air fryer.
Broil/Dehydrate Tray/Steam Rack
This handy add-on helps to turn your new appliance into a food dehydrator or a broiler. It fits within the air fryer basket and with the right settings it can help broil or dehydrate.
From steamed meat to veggies to desserts this awesome tool is sure to come in handy. The steam rack allows you to place foods above the liquid level and make perfectly steamed dishes.
Air Fryer Lid
This swirled lid is the secret to the Instant Pot Duo Crisp’s frying powers. With this lid, you can have perfectly air-fried food all with the convenience of the Instant Pot.
Pressure Cooker Lid
This is the classic pressure sealing lid sold with all original Instant Pots. It seals the inner pot and holds in steam and pressure, as needed. It has a vent at the top for releasing steam.
Protective Pad and Storage
The protective pad is a heat-resistant pad that goes on your countertop to protect from the heat of the air fryer lid. Always place the air fryer lid on the flat side protective pad when putting it down during cooking.
The grooved side of the pad fits into the fully-cooled air fryer lid for convenient storage.
The Instant Pot Duo Crisp has so many amazing functions. Here is a little bit about each setting.
Pressure Cook (Pressure Lid Setting)
This is a cooking method that uses high temperatures and steam to infuse moisture into food while cooking them. There are two options for this setting: low and hi. Low is best suited for seafood, soft vegetables, and rice. The hi setting is best for other proteins, hard vegetables and beans, oats, broths, and chili.
Slow Cook (Pressure Lid Setting)
Slow cooking is a method of cooking wherein foods are heated at low temperatures for long periods. This helps them retain moisture and tenderness. The options for this setting are low and hi, but it is suggested that you cook anything at low for at least six hours.
Sauté (Pressure Lid Setting)
This setting allows you to cook foods as you would on a stovetop. The two settings, low and hi, allow for everything from pan-searing to simmering.
Sous Vide (Pressure Lid Setting)
Sous vide is a cooking technique wherein food is vacuum sealed and then cooked in hot water. The sous vide temperature range and timing are complex. Fortunately, there is a sous vide cooking time guide that comes with the Instant Pot. Use these time suggestions to help you make virtually anything with this amazing technique.
Air Fry (Air Fryer Lid Setting)
Air frying is a form of convection cooking where the air is evenly circulated to create crispness while cooking. The air fryer has temperatures between 180°F to 400°F and a time range between one minute and an hour.
Roast (Air Fryer Lid Setting)
The roast setting simulates cooking in a traditional oven. This is great for large cuts of meat and has a default cook time of forty minutes.
Bake (Air Fryer Lid Setting)
The baking feature allows you to create air and decadent baked goods without the oven. Bake using a springform pan or the air fryer basket. The temperature range for bake is 180°F to 400°F so you can really mimic a traditional oven with this setting.
Broil (Air Fryer Lid Setting)
Broiling is similar to grilling in that the food is exposed to direct high heat. This can create nice crispness in meat dishes. The default temperature for broil is not adjustable and is set to 400°F for a default time of eight minutes.
Dehydrate (Air Fryer Lid Setting)
This feature uses low heat and a long time frame to dry out foods like fruit slices with the convenient power of the instant pot. The temperature range for dehydration is between 105°F and 165°F with a default cooking time of seven hours.
When used properly the Instant Pot Duo Crisp is an awesome countertop appliance that can do just about everything, but there are a few safety risks to consider. Here are some general safety notes about using your new Instant Pot Duo Crisp:
- Never immerse the base in water and be sure the heating element stays dry at all times.
- Use proper cleaning techniques to avoid the buildup of grease on/around the heating element.
- If you ever smell smoke coming from the Instant Pot, press “cancel” and unplug immediately.
There are a few special notes related to the cooking functions, here they are:
- Always place the air fryer lid on the protective pad to avoid burns and damage to countertops.
- Never overfill the inner pot or other accessories and never allow food to come into direct contact with the heating element.
- The sauté function gets very hot, so do not leave food unattended when using this setting.
The most important clean is the first clean you perform on your new Instant Pot. Here are the steps to follow:
- Remove the inner pot and hand wash it with soapy water, rinse, and dry.
- Use a dry cloth to wipe the heating element, and make sure there is no debris inside the base or on the element.
- Wash all Instant Pot accessories with soapy water, rinse, and dry. Once dry assemble the pieces of the air fryer basket.
After the first clean you will have to perform maintenance cleanings after each use. Here are some tips on how to do that:
- WARNING! Always allow the heating element to cool completely before wiping the inside of the base and heating element clean.
- Only clean the base and air fryer lid using a damp cloth. You can spray the cloth with a mixture of baking soda and vinegar to help remove caked-on splatter and grease.
- The remaining parts and accessories are dishwasher-safe. Always be sure to take all Instant Pot accessories apart before dishwashing and fully dry them before reassembling.
- Never put the inner pot back into the base when it is wet.
Instant Pot Duo Crisp+ Air Fryer Lid
Leave a Reply