10 Instant Pot Duo Crisps Rice Recipes. Cooking rice in the Instant Pot has been a great experience for me; and I can say I’ve come a long way, from being intimidated to use, it to using it almost every day!
Cooking these rice recipes took a lot of trial and error. The water and rice ratio in these recipes is what worked for me, and I bet it will work for you, too.
I have to be honest, I don’t rinse my rice most of the time, and if I do, I rinse it until the water is clear and I drain it using a strainer so that the water ratio is still similar.
want to emphasize each instant pot is different, and some settings may not be on the instant pot you got. In my case, I am using Instant Pot Duo Crisp 11-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker with Air Fryer Lid, 8 Quart. This Instant pot doesn’t have the rice setting, so I am using the pressure cooker setting.
Common Instant Pot Rice Recipe Questions
Why is the Instant Pot Rice Sticky?
- Too much water is the main culprit for this. As a rule, I use 1 1/4 cups of water for white rice. Please refer to this post for reference on the water and rice ratio. >>>How to Cook Rice in the Instant Pot?
What is the Instant Pot Rice Setting?
- After you put the inner pot into the base, cover it with the pressure cooker lid. Push the pressure cooker button setting. Set the pressure on HI and set the timer to seven minutes for white rice and 15 minutes for brown rice.
Why does my Instant Pot says burn when I cook rice?
- This happens when you did not add enough water to the pot, and when you did not clean the inner pot thoroughly.
How long does it take to cook rice in the Instant Pot?
- Cooking rice in the Instant Pot varies on the type of rice. Brown and black rice often take a longer time to cook. White rice is shorter. Please refer here for cook time.
Can you cook Jasmine rice in the Instant Pot?
- You can certainly cook Jasmine rice in the Instant Pot. Please refer to this post >>>> Jasmine rice Instant Pot on how to do it.