This Instant Pot Riblets Recipe is juicy, easy to cook, and the ideal meal for family time together. Here we will discuss everything to know about pork riblets. From its health benefits to how it is cooked. Enjoy!
What Are Riblets?
Riblets are gotten from regular ribs. These ribs are cut into smaller strips and have little bones in each chunk. Asians love to enjoy riblets with rice and other dishes. A family-friendly meal that adults can enjoy, pork riblets are your go-to evening meal.
Riblets are juicy and yummy meat packed with a lot of vitamins and minerals. Follow the instructions above to cook riblets from the comfort of your home. Ensure to use the method that is suitable for your kitchen appliances. Cheers to yummy pork riblets!
What’s The Difference Between Rib Tips And Pork Riblets?
Rib tips and riblets are gotten from the same place but are not the same. Here is the difference between rib tips and riblets.
Rib tips are the portion of the meat on the underside of spare ribs it is usually between seven to twelve inches and one to four inches wide.
Pork riblets are actually ribs after the rounded end is cut out. Riblets are usually cut into smaller pieces.
Health Benefits Of Pork Riblets
Pork riblets are not only juicy and yummy, but they are also nutritious and healthy for you. The health benefits of eating pork riblets are explained below.
It Contains Iron And Zinc: Pork riblets are rich in iron and zinc which give your cells and tissues oxygen.
It Is Rich In Vitamins B12 and D: Pork riblets have high calcium content which helps you have strong bones. It is also packed with lots of vitamins that are healthy for you.
It Is Rich In Protein: Riblets are a main source of protein and all the amino acids your diet needs. Protein in riblets keeps your skin and bones healthy.
It Has A Lot Of Selenium: Pork riblets contain selenium which protects your cell from free radicals and other health complications.
Instant Pot Riblets Recipe
Pork riblets are enjoyed in a lot of Asian homes and are used in a lot of dishes. The ingredients, equipment, and methods of preparing pork riblets are explained in detail below.
1 instant pot duo crisps plus air fryer 8 quarts.
Instant Pot Riblets Recipe Ingredients
The ingredients for making the perfect Asian pork riblets contain a lot of vitamins and minerals. These ingredients are as follows.
Rock Sugar: This is a natural sugar made from sugarcane juice and sap. Rock sugar serves as an energy booster, freshens the breath, helps with digestion, and is a natural remedy for sore throat. Furthermore, it improves vision and increases hemoglobin levels.
Rice Cooking Wine: Widely used in China, Japan, and Korea, rice cooking wine is the condiment for Asian meals. It is also used as an alcoholic drink in Asia. It contains a lot of amino acids, vitamins, and minerals. It also destroys free radicals and boosts the immune system.
Soy Sauce: Soy sauce has been a food ingredient for over 1000 years. Originally from China, this flavorful liquid condiment is enjoyed all over the world. It is made with ingredients such as soybeans, wheat, salt, etc. Soy sauce is rich in sodium, carbohydrates, and protein, it can be found in grocery stores all over the world.
Oyster Sauce: A major condiment used in Asian cuisine, oyster sauce is made with oyster, soy sauce, cornstarch, and caramel for flavoring. It contains carbohydrates, protein, calcium, iron, zinc, and vitamin B12. It boosts the immune system, improves brain function, regulates blood sugar levels, and increases energy. Oyster sauce is sold in supermarkets worldwide.
Star Anise: This is an edible and medicinal plant used a lot by the Chinese and Japanese. This plant is great for respiratory and digestive issues. It also helps to treat fungal and bacterial infections. Star anise is the perfect addition to your pork riblets.
Dry Bay Leaves: Bay leaves are packed with a lot of vitamins including vitamins A, B6, and C which support the immune system. It is also good for digestive issues such as an upset stomach. Bay leaves are found in markets all over the world.
How To Cook Pork Riblets in the Instant Pot
- Prepare the Meat-Separate the pork riblets from each bone.
- Set the Instant Pot-Place the inner pot into the instant pot base and add one-fourth cup of cooking oil. Press the saute button and set the timer to 30 minutes. Wait for four minutes and flip. Ensure the pork riblets are brown on each side.
- Add the Spices-Add the rock sugar and mix the meat until the rock sugar is melted. Add the rice-cooking wine, soy sauce, and oyster sauce, and place the bay leaves and star anise on top.
- Cook the Pork Riblets- Cover the instant pot with the pressure cooker lid. Press the pressure cooker settings button. Put the pressure at H1 and the timer at 28 minutes. Release it quickly when it is done.
You can season it with more soy sauce and oyster sauce if you want.
Different Cooking Methods
How To Cook Pork Riblets On The Stove
Place a medium-sized pan on the stovetop and add the cooking oil.
Put the pork riblets and ensure all sides are brown.
Add the rock sugar and cook on medium to low heat until the sugar melts.
Add the rice-cooking wine, soy sauce, and oyster sauce. Place the bay leaves and star anise on top.
Cover and cook on low heat for one hour until the meat is soft. Add water if needed.
How To Cook Pork Riblets In A Slow Cooker
Place the meat in the pot and add all the ingredients.
Cover the pot and set the timer for four hours.
More Recipes You’ll Love
If you loved this recipe and want more warm, comforting Filipino food that is just as easy to make try these delicious recipes:
- Chicken Tocino Easy Recipe with Pineapple Juice
- Filipino Garlic Fried Rice
- Instant Pot Beef Mechado
- Filipino Style Spaghetti Sauce
- Instant Pot Steam Buns Easy Recipe
Instant Port Riblets Recipe
- 1 Instant Por Duo Crisps Plus Air Fryer 8 quart
- 1 lb Pork Riblets separated
- 2 pieces Rock Sugar
- 1/4 cup Rice Cooking Wine
- 2 tbsp Soy sauce
- 2 tbsp Oyster Sauce
- 3 pieces dry bay leaves
- 3 pieces star anise
- Separate the pork riblets from each bone.
Cook in the Instant Pot
- Place the inner pot into the Instant Pot base and add one-fourth cup of cooking oil. Push the saute setting and set the timer to 30 minutes. Wait for four minutes Brown the pork riblets on each side.
- Add the rock sugar and mix the meat until the rock sugar is melted.
- Add the rice-cooking wine, soy sauce, and oyster sauce, and put the bay leaves and star anise on top. Cancel the saute button.
- Cover the Instant Pot with the pressure cooker lid. Push the pressure cooker button setting. Set the pressure to HI and set the timer to twenty-eight minutes. Quick release when done.
- Season with more soy sauce or oyster sauce if you want, but this seasoning is perfect for me.
Cook Pork Riblets Stovetop
- Place a medium-sized pan on the stovetop and add cooking oil. Brown the pork riblets on all sides and add the rock sugar. Cook on medium-low until the sugar melts.
- Add the rice- cooking wine, soy sauce, and oyster sauce. Put the bay leaves and star anise on top. Cover and cook on low heat for one hour or until the meat is soft. Add water if needed.
Cook Pork Riblets in the Slow Cooker
- Place the meat in the pot and add the rest of the ingredients. Cover the pot and set the timer for four hours.