These HONEY CHICKEN WINGS is a must in your menu rotation. An easy quick to prepare a meal for busy days and cheap too.
Honey Chicken wings recipe is by far the most delicious chicken wings recipe I made. The result has a combo of sweetness from the Hoisin Sauce and the spicy smell of the ginger. It is also very easy to make. Just a perfect recipe for this Sunday’s football game.
I lived in Washington for only 6 months but I concluded that it is the most beautiful state I have ever been to – and I had been and I had seen a lot of places in the US. The evergreens line the sides of the roads, there are beautiful beaches everywhere, and there are pristine mountains. Our home was also very close to the beaches and fishing area, so we were able to fish too and frolic on the cold seashore. Fresh sea foods like mussels and oysters were everywhere. Yum! And most, I love the weather.
Before I moved, I heard that Washington is not a fun place to live because of the rain; but during my stay there, I did not experience that. Maybe, I was just living in the good side in the state, because I did not encounter a lot of rainfall.
Aside from the weather and the nice view of the state, I also had fond memories there. I was able to eat in a Filipino restaurant every weekend and I gained several friends who I got to talk often and who were my hiking buddies. I miss them.
Then like chameleon, my family became a Seahawk fans.
That is why, when Washington won the entry to be in the NFL finals, I was very excited and I am beyond excited for this Sunday’s football championship game.
In preparation for the big game, I am also preparing on testing this chicken wings recipe to see if this will be perfect for the football game party . And this recipe does not disappoint. This recipe is in for the game.
Now, I will just have to take out my pom- poms and cheerleader clothes, so that everything’s ready for this Sunday’s party. What can I say, I have to look the part as a Seahawks’ fan. And I have to prepare my vocal chords for the coming roar, howl, shriek and screaming spree. Gosh, I think my life will fall apart if my Seahawks lose. I cannot even imagine what I’ll do if that happens.
FOR MORE CHEAP AND BUDGET FRIENDLY MEALS:
- Chicken Leg Oven Bake
- Budget Friendly Meal Plan # 1
- Homemade chicken Gyros
- Honey Garlic Chicken
- Velveeta Cheeseburger Mac and Cheese
HONEYED CHICKEN WINGS
- FOR THE MARINADE:
- 2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 inch ginger ground and chopped
- 1 dried red chili
- FOR THE CHICKEN WINGETS:
- 3 lbs chicken wingets
- 1/4 cup Hoisin Sauce
- 3 tablespoon honey
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds optional
- 4 tablespoon cooking oil canola or vegetable I used canola in this recipe
- Clean chicken wingets and tap dry
- Place chicken into a large bowl.Then add in chili powder, ground ginger, chopped dried chili. Thoroughly rub the spice mixture into the chicken using your fingers/ hands.
- Set aside for at least 2 hours to let the spice penetrate into the chicken.
- In a small bowl, mix hoisin sauce, honey, garlic and soy sauce. Set aside for later use.
- After marinating the chicken, heat the cooking oil in a large frying pan and fry the chicken turning frequently for 10 to 12 minutes or, until golden and crisp. Drain off any excess oil. Or you can keep it if you prefer.
- Add in the prepared Hoisin mixture into the chicken. Turn the chicken wings to coat them with the mixture.
- Reduce the heat and cook some more for 25 to 35 minutes, turning the chicken wings frequently so that the mixture will coat to the chicken and the mixture will not burn.
- Serve hot.