Hello. How about this idea of having a Creamy Broccolli Soup for dinner? If you think it is a good idea, you are right because you can just whip this little monster in the crockpot and when you get home, you are met with a hearty meal. Oh yeah!
I have made this Broccoli Soup for the third time now and there is still no sign of stopping. It is that delicious. This craze started when my husband and I went to Panera Bread and fell in love with their Broccoli Soup. The thing is, I cannot go to Panera bread whenever I fancy it, because it is kind of expensive for a small meal.
So I made my own version of Cheesy Broccoli Soup, for me to be able to eat it whenever I want to. I usually make a big batch to freeze, but it does not make it to the freezer, because we just it all the way. It is that good.
Again, I used my ever-loyal crockpot to make my soup. I just prepared all my ingredients and toss them in the crockpot, let it cook for eight hours at low and I have my soup. My family loves this soup too so I have to keep on making it. NOTE: If you got some Velveeta Cheese left, try this SPAGHETTI DINNER RECIPE WITH GROUND TURKEY RECIPE , then I have one more post that uses Velveeta as part of the ingredients.
- 3/4 cups plus 1/8 cups diced carrots
- 4 cups broccoli florets removed from stems
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 plus 1/8 cups yellow onion chopped
- 1 can chicken broth 14.5 0z
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- 1 pint half and half
- 3 cups shredded Velveeta Cheese
- Place carrots, broccoli, garlic, onion, water and chicken broth in the crock pot.
- Let the ingredients cook at low setting for 8 hours.
- After eight hours, add in the Velveeta Cheese and mix it to melt.
- Place the corn starch in a small bowl and pour a small amount half and half in it. Mix to dissolve the corn starch. Add mixture into the crock pot and pour in the remaining half and half.
- Mix all the ingredients, making sure that the Velveeta Cheese is totally melted.
- Let the soup sit for a few minutes until ready to serve.
By: Shobelyn Dayrit
Hi, my name is Shobee. Welcome to The Skinny Pot, where we cook Easy Recipes from the available ingredients from our pantry and fridge! We’re your go-to source for simple and delicious recipes that make the most of what you already have at home. Talk about the pantry challenge. Read more...