This Easy Homemade Pumpkin Puree is what you need when canned pumpkins are not available in your store. Just make it your pumpkin puree' from scratch. It's Easy, freeze-able and you can make a lot out of batches of Pumpkin Puree in one 9 lb fresh Pumpkin. You cannot waste that Pumpkin you bought from Halloween,right? Here is the recipe the Pumpkin Soup I made from the Pumpkin Puree and Pumpkin Cheesecake Spread or Dip.
Finally, I have a day off. And I was really productive.I am so proud of myself. I took a lot of food photos for future post, I did the laundry, cleaned the house and I even went to the gym!!!! After that, however, I have nothing to do; so I watched Empire (if you haven't become crazy with this show, you should). And then I became fidgety and I felt lost so I decided to make something out of our fresh Pumpkin Decor... I MADE IT INTO A PUMPKIN PUREE . Imagine mi kids' surprise when they found out what happened to their favorite Pumpkin. A riot arose in the house!
Oh well... this is actually my first time making my own Pumpkin, so I googled and found Pioneer Woman's recipe... I cannot believe how easy it is and how fast Pumpkin become soft when bake. I thought I have to bake it for days!!!
Now, I do not think I will be buying Pumpkin Puree from can because:
1. I made like 10 cups of Pumpkin Puree from a 9 lbs of Pumpkin.I can make this Pumpkin Soup and Pumpkin Cheesecake Pie, Pumpkin Cake and Pumpkin Cheesecake Spread or Dip, Pumpkin Muffins over and over again with its tasty,roasted Pumpkin Puree.
2. It does taste better, just a bit, from the canned ones.
3. In the long run, it is cheaper and you can store the Pureed' Pumpkin for 3 months.
4.You are not wasting money with those Halloween Pumpkin Decor. Before, I just throw my pumpkin after Halloween.Print
This Easy Homemade Pumpkin Puree is what you need when canned pumpkins are not available in your store. It's easy, I promise.
- 1 whole 9 lb Fresh Pumpkin
- Separate the Pumpkin into two and remove the seed. Put in a large cookie sheet and bake for an hour or until soft. When done, let the pumpkin cool down and peel the skin. Puree the pumpkin by batch using your blender, processor or bullet. I used my bullet and I thought it was too messy. When you process the pumpkin, add a very small amount of water to just process the pumpkin meat. Separate by 1 cup or two cups and thaw before using. This recipe will yield 10 cups of Pumpkin Puree. I have made Pumpkin Soup, Pumpkin Cheesecake and will be making Pumpkin Muffin and Cake with my Pumpkin Puree'
I slice my pumpkin to half and I peel the other half, cut it into cubes and froze it while I baked the other half and pureed it for my Pumpkin soup and Pumpkin Cheesecake which I have made twice already as it is our favorite... very similar in taste from Barnes and Noble.