Instant Pot Breaded Chicken Wing Sections. It’s air fried and breaded with homemade breading. Praise worthy. Make a big batch for leftover.
Instant Pot Breaded Chicken Wing Sections
Instant Pot Breaded Chicken Wings are a delicious, easy, and neat way to enjoy your favorite chicken wings! These wings come out perfectly crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside, and they’re cooked in just minutes in your pot.
If you’ve hosted a party at home, you know how messy deep-fried chicken wings can be. Oil splatters on your stovetop, and you’re left with a big mess to clean up. But with this Instant Pot method, there’s no need to heat up a large pot of oil. And, cleanup is a breeze!
Why serve Instant Pot Breaded Chicken Wings for your next party?
Table of Contents
- Chicken wings are always a crowd pleaser! They’re perfect for game day snacking, tailgating, or any other party or gathering.
- The Instant Pot cooks chicken wings quickly and evenly, so you don’t have to worry about undercooked or overcooked wings.
- This recipe is easy to double or triple, so you can make as many chicken wings as you need.
- Chicken wings are relatively inexpensive, so they’re a great option if you’re on a budget.
- You can make the chicken wings ahead of time and reheat them when you’re ready to serve.
- There are endless flavor possibilities! You can try different dipping sauces, or even experiment with the breading mix.
- Instant Pot Breaded Chicken Wing Sections are a healthier alternative to deep-fried chicken wings.
- They’re also gluten-free if you use gluten-free breadcrumbs or another type of gluten-free flour.
Stay ’til the end and learn my secret to keeping my Instant Pot Breaded Chicken Wings Section perfect for any occasion.
Why Use Instant Pot for your Breaded Chicken Wing Sections?
This recipe is chicken wings cut into sections and then breaded. The beauty of using an Instant Pot to cook them is that the pressure cooker keeps the breading crispy, while the meat remains juicy.
You can use Instant Pot to cook chicken wings in two ways: with or without the bone. For this recipe, we’ve used chicken wing sections that still have the bone attached. We find that cooking chicken wings with the bone add more flavor and juiciness to the meat.
How can you get breadcrumbs to stick to chicken wings?
The key to getting breadcrumbs to stick to chicken wings is to use an egg wash. An egg wash is simply a beaten egg that’s used to coat the chicken before breading. The egg will act as glue, helping the breadcrumbs to adhere to the surface of the chicken.
What kind of breadcrumbs can you use?
You can use any type of breadcrumb for this recipe, including store-bought or homemade. We like to make our own because it’s cheaper and we can control the ingredients. This homemade breading mix is a blend of all-purpose flour, cornstarch, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and salt.
But to save time, you can use store-bought breading mix. If so, we recommend using a brand that’s made with whole wheat or panko (or Japanese-style breadcrumbs commonly used for the famous katsu and tonkatsu). For a healthier option, you can also use crushed oats or almond meals.
Tips and Tricks for Perfect Instant Pot Breaded Chicken Wing Sections
- Make sure to pat your chicken wings dry using a paper towel before breading them. If they’re wet, the breading won’t stick as well.
- To get evenly coated chicken wings, we recommend using a large resealable bag. Add the chicken wings and breading mix to the bag, seal it and shake until the chicken is evenly coated.
- If you don’t have an Instant Pot, you can still make this recipe! Just bake the chicken wings in a 400F oven for 25 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Serve your Instant Pot Breaded Chicken Wing Sections with your favorite dipping sauce. We like to use a mix of honey and sriracha, but you can also use BBQ sauce, ranch dressing, or blue cheese dressing.
Different Dressing Options
- Spicy: 1 part honey + 2 parts sriracha
- Sweet and Spicy: 1 part honey + 1 part sriracha
- Honey BBQ: 1 part BBQ sauce + 2 parts honey
- Buffalo: 1/2 cup hot sauce + 1/4 cup butter + 1 tbsp vinegar
- Ranch: 1/2 cup mayo + 1/4 cup buttermilk + 1 tsp garlic powder + 1 tsp onion powder + 1 tsp dried parsley
- Blue Cheese: 1/2 cup mayo + 1/4 cup sour cream + 1/4 cup blue cheese crumbles + 1 tbsp white vinegar
Instant Pot chicken wings are a delicious and easy way to enjoy this favorite appetizer. In this recipe, we show you how to make breaded chicken wing sections in the Instant Pot. The best part is that they’re crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside. Don’t forget to serve them with your favorite dipping sauce!
For more recipes cooked in the Instant Pot
- Jasmine Rice Cooked in the Instant Pot
- Okinawan Sweet Potato
- Instant Pot Kare Kare
- Instant Pot Adobo
- Instant Pot Sushi Rice
- Instant Pot Gua Bao
- Instant Pot Oyster Sauce Chicken Wings
Instant Pot Breaded Chicken Wing Sections
- instant pot duo crisp plus air fryer
Chicken Breading Dry Ingredients
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup corn starch
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon Perfect Pinch Rotisserie Chicken Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic salt
Breading Wet Ingredients
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup Frank's Red Hot Wings Sauce
- 4 lbs Chicken Wing Sections, frozen
To soften the Frozen Chicken and cooking
- 1/2 cup water Add to pressure cook the chicken
- non stick oil
Cook the Chicken Wing Sections
- Place the frozen chicken inside the instant pot inner pot and add in the 1/2 cup of water.
- Place the inner pot in the base unit. Cover with the pressure cooker lid. Set pressure on HI and set timer at twelve minutes. Push start
- When done, drain excess water, or save the broth for future use. Let the chicken cool down and pat dry.
- Meanwhile, mix all of the breading ingredients in a medium size bowl. Mix using a wire whisk until ingredients are incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, mix the egg and the Red Hot buffalo wings and whisk until incorporated.
Cook the chicken
- When ready, dip the prepared chicken sections in the bufflo sauce mixture. Drain excess liquid and roll into the dry breading mixture. Place in a plate or in a pan to let it rest for thirty minutes. Do the same to the rest of the chicken sections.
- If you want to freeze the breaded chicken, line the breaded chicken sections in the pan, and freeze. When the chicken sections are frozen, transfer them to the ziplock.
- If you want to air fry the chicken immediately, let the breaded chicken rest for thrity minutes to give time for the breading to stick.
- When the breaded chicken are ready, place them in a the Instant Pot dehydrating tray. Spray with nonstick spray. Push the air fryer button and set the timer to fifteen minutes and set the temperature at 400 F. Air fry and turn the meat as required.
Hi, my name is Shobee. Welcome to The Skinny Pot, where we cook Easy Recipes from the available ingredients from our pantry and fridge! We’re your go-to source for simple and delicious recipes that make the most of what you already have at home. Talk about the pantry challenge. Read more...