How to Make Puto Flan. Use your eggs and not waste it. Make this using the egg yolks and egg whites in this easy recipe.
Hey, guys! Today, I am sharing this Filipino dessert which is a combination of the two favorite Filipino desserts – Leche Flan and Puto Cheese Usually, it is serve on special occasions like Christmas, but in my household, I made it just because…
I got the recipe from Lalaine ,the author of Kawaling Pinoy blog, but I revised the recipe for a bit. I added vanilla, and instead of kalamansi, I used lemon. So, this should, hopefully meet your requirement of how a delicious dessert should be, so I am excited to share it with you, guys.
This Puto Flan is my go to recipe for any party I attend to, because it is very easy to make. It may seem like it is difficult, but once you get the hang of it, it is easy peasy. In fact I made it again for some friends. You can make it ahead of time so that you can focus on other things in your household. This recipe will yieled 22 pieces which I think is enough for a large crowd.
If you have big amount of egg at home, make this recipe:
How to Make Puto Flan or Leche Puto Recipe
- FOR THE FLAN
- 4 egg yolk separated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 can 14 oz condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
FOR THE PUTO
- 2 cups flour
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 4½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1¼ cup water
- 4 egg whites
- Brush puto mold with oil. Set aside.
- In a steamer, boil ten cups of water.
- In a small bowl, mix all of the flan ingredients and pour 1/8 cup flan mixture in the puto mold.
- in another bowl Mix all of the Puto ingredients. Set aside.
- Pour 1/8 cup of the Flan mixture to the puto mold and steam flan mixture for 15 minutes. Do the same to rest of the flan mixture.
- When ready, remove the set flan mixture and pour 1/8 cup puto mixture on top and steam for another 15-18 minutes.