How to Make Puto Flan. Use your eggs and do not waste them. Make this using the egg yolks and egg whites in this easy recipe.
Hey, guys! Today, I am sharing this Filipino dessert which is a combination of the two favorite Filipino desserts – Leche Flan and Puto Cheese Usually, it is served on special occasions like Christmas, but in my household, I made it just because…
This recipe is very simple to make! So, this should, hopefully, meet your requirement of how a delicious dessert should be, so I am excited to share it with you, guys.
This Puto Flan is my go-to recipe for any party I attend because it is very easy to make. It may seem like it is difficult, but once you get the hang of it, it is easy peasy. I made it again for some friends. You can make it ahead of time so that you can focus on other things in your household. This recipe will yield 22 pieces which I think is enough for a large crowd.
If you have a large amount of eggs at home, make this recipe:
- FOR THE FLAN
- 4 egg yolks separated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 can 14 oz condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
FOR THE PUTO
- 2 cups flour
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 4½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1¼ cup water
- 4 egg whites
- Brush puto mold with oil. Set aside.
- In a steamer, boil ten cups of water.
- In a small bowl, mix all of the flan ingredients and pour 1/8 cup flan mixture in the puto mold. Steam f on high heat or 10- 12 minutes. Remove from the steamer.
- in another bowl Mix all of the Puto ingredients. Set aside.
- Pour 1/8 cup of the puto mixture on top of the steamed flan mixture and steam again on high heat for 15-19 minutes. Do the same to rest of the flan mixture.
- Remove Puto Flan from the mold using by using a sharp knife and serve hot.
Hi, my name is Shobee. Welcome to The Skinny Pot, where we cook Easy Recipes from the available ingredients from our pantry and fridge! We’re your go-to source for simple and delicious recipes that make the most of what you already have at home. Talk about the pantry challenge. Read more...