This Pineapple Salsa can be used for fish, chicken, and beef. The recipe is easy and it only needs seven simple ingredients that may be already available in your kitchen. Try this and you’ll not regret it.
Don’t be skeptical about adding fruit to your salsa. It brings out the freshness of the whole meal and the combination of the ingredients complements each other. This salsa is fresh and tangy. It is so good, you’ll rave about this too. I use this salsa recipe when I made Fish Taco and I made it again for my chicken taco. We love this! It is very versatile and it’s super healthy too. My husband, who doesn’t like veggies, raves about this, and then I added some leftovers to his lunch box.
You can serve this with anything. I top it on my rice bowl salad and you can simply eat this by itself.
Ingredient of Pineapple Salsa
The ingredient is simple, and are readily available in your groceries.
- Pineapple– ideally, you use fresh pineapple, but you and I are busy, so one can of pineapple works the same. Simple drain the juice and chop it into small pieces.
- Cilantro– I love cilantro. I use one bunch and chop it; you can add more if you want.
- Red Bell Pepper and red onion– you can use any color, but red bell pepper has a stronger and distinct flavor compared with the green and orange, so I always use red.
- Lime– I use the juice of one lime in this recipe.
- Salt, pepper, and, sugar– add more or less. Season according to your liking.
How do you make Pineapple Salsa?
- Chop the Ingredients: I always chop/prepare the ingredients ahead of time, so once I start, I simply mix and add all of them.
- Mix -this recipe is no rocket science- simply mix and season all of the ingredients according yo your liking.
For more Sauce Recipe on the blog
- 1 can Pineapple drain
- 1 medium Red Bell Pepper chopped
- 1 bunch Cilantro chopped
- 1 medium Red onion chopped
- 1 lime Juice of lime
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar season according to your liking
- Drain the canned Pineapple with juice and slice it into bite-sized pieces and place it into the large bowl.
- Chop the red bell pepper into small cubes and add to the bowl. Chop the cilantro and red onion into small pieces and add to the bowl.
- Cut the lime in half and squeeze out the juice. Add more juice if you want it tangier. For me, the juice of one lime was enough. Season with salt and pepper and sugar. Season according to your liking.