This green vermicelli noodle salad uses fresh herbs, vermicelli noodles, and homemade sauce as dressing. This is a counterpart to Thai noodle salad Vietnamese noodle salad, that you’ll surely love.
Green Vermicelli Noodle Salad
Table of Contents
This is the best salad for me. I am not a salad fan, but this is one of those salads that I often make. This salad is in our meal rotation. Even my husband and son eat this a lot.
You can customize this however you want. replace the chicken meat with pork, or beef, and add your favorite green vegetables.
In this recipe, I used zucchini from the garden and I also harvested mint and basil from my herb pot, so I added a large amount of them here. I highly recommend these herbs as it adds extra delicious flavor
- Vermicelli Noodles – I used 4 oz of Vemicille noodles in this recipe. You can use rice noodles as well.
- Zucchini– I used zucchini because I have a lot of zucchini in my garden. In this recipe, I spiralized the zucchini since I just want to use my spiralizer, but you can cut it however you want. You can cube it, julienne- slice it however you want.
- Cilantro, Mint, Basil – I highly recommend using them. It is just so good combo with these herbs. My herb plant box is in full bloom, so I use a large amount of them.
- Beef – in this recipe, I simply seasoned the beef with salt and pepper and fried it with a small amount of oil. I then sliced it. I used beef Milanesa cut, but you can use the readily slices stir fry beef. You can also used grilled chicken breast or pork if you want.
How do you make it?
- Prepare the ingredients– I always prepare my ingredients ahead of time. As a working mom, I am so tired when I get home, that I am too exhausted to prepare meals after work; so I try my best to prepare our meals ahead of time. In this case, I wash and chop the veggies the night before and I marinate the beef as well. You can also cook the beef ahead of time. Make a huge batch of the meat for the next meal. I cook the vermicelli noodles when I get home the next day.
- About the noodles– Boil five cups of water and add the vermicelli noodles. Let it cook for 4 minutes and wash it with cold water to stop the cooking. Set aside.
- Fish sauce Dressing– I used Vietnamese sauce for this recipe. Check the recipe —-> Vietnamese Fish Sauce
For more Delicious Salad Recipe:
- 30 Minute Salmon Bowl with Avocado Mango Salsa
- Cucumber Salad
- Beet Salad
- Tangerine and Watercress Salad
For more Homemade Sauce Recipe:
- Homemade Tzatziki Sauce
- Peanut Sauce
- Orange Chicken Sauce
- Tonkatsu Sauce
- Homemade Fishball Sauce Recipe
- General Tso Sauce
- Teriyaki Sauce
- Filipino Style BBQ sauce
Green Vermicelli Noodle Salad
- 1 salad bowl
- 1 piece Zucchini chop or spiralized
- 1 bunch Cilantro chopped
- 1 cup Mint chopped
- 1/2 cup Basil chopped
- 1/2 lb Beef Milanesa
- 1 tsp salt and pepper
- Vietnamese Fish Sauce Please see notes for the recipe link
- Slice and chop the vegetables and set them aside.
- Season the beef with salt and pepper. Let the beef sit in the fridge overnight. You can also cook it right away if you want. Heat a small amount of oil in a medium-size frying pan and cook beef until cook through. Slice the beef into strips and set it aside.
- Boil five cups of water and add the 4 oz of Vermicelli noodles. Cook the noodles for 4 minutes and drain the water. Wash the noodles with cold water and set them aside.
Assemble the Salad
- Place the cooked noodle at the bottom of the plate. Top it with the beef. Add the Zucchini, cilantro, mint, and basil. Pour in about two to three tablespoons of Vietnamese Fish Sauce. Please see the notes for the recipe link.
Hi, my name is Shobee. Welcome to The Skinny Pot, where we cook Easy Recipes from the available ingredients from our pantry and fridge! We’re your go-to source for simple and delicious recipes that make the most of what you already have at home. Talk about the pantry challenge. Read more...