Instant Pot Beets and Egg Pickles is easy-to-make appetizer with simple ingredients. It’s healthy and quick when made in the Instant Pot. Here’s a recipe for Instant Pot Boiled Eggs to guide you.
“Sugar, spice, and everything nice.” These ingredients were chosen in an easy-peasy homemade egg recipe – the pickled beet eggs. Beet pickled egg is the perfect pick for you if you are looking for a healthy and delicious way to boost your appetite. Snacking these hard-boiled eggs is hard to resist. You will surely love them to bits!
Pickled eggs are a simple process that results in delicious, shelf-stable eggs. They are famous in Germany, the UK, and the Netherlands but are also gaining popularity in the United States. This process is pervasive in old-world recipes, as it was a way to keep eggs fresh before refrigeration. The process is still used today because it adds incredible flavor to the eggs. And while you can undoubtedly find pickled eggs at the store, they are easy to make at home!
There are many ways you can pickle eggs. These can be enjoyed as is or used as an ingredient in other dishes. They are often seen in salads or as a component of deviled eggs. But no matter how you serve them, these beet pickled eggs are a beautiful addition to any appetizer platter or charcuterie board. The addition of beets gives the eggs a beautiful pink color and adds a subtle sweetness and earthiness to the flavor. And while these eggs are delicious on their own, they are also excellent in egg salad or as a garnish on deviled eggs.
Why are pickled eggs a good snack choice?
Pickled eggs are a healthy snack because they are high in protein and antioxidants. Eggs are also a good source of choline, which is essential for cognitive function. Moreover, these are low in calories and carbs, making them the perfect snack for those on a keto diet or trying to lose weight.
Pickled eggs are also shelf-stable, making them good emergency or camping food. And since they do not need to be refrigerated, they are perfect for taking on the go.
Can I use fresh beets?
Yes, you can use fresh beets in this recipe. Peel and dice them before adding them to the pickling liquid. You may need to cook the beets longer to soften them before adding the eggs.
Research has shown various health benefits of pickled beets. 1 cup serving of raw sliced pickled beets contains 0.4 g, which makes it low in saturated fat compared to a cup of cooked beets containing 0.71 g of saturated fats. Pickled beets are also suitable for digestion since they contain probiotics. In general, pickled vegetables are known to help recover digestive health.
On the other hand, you can try out the traditional pickled eggs recipe. The conventional way of doing it is to mix the spices into the brine and then pour them over the eggs in the jar. You could use herbs such as onions, peppercorns, chili flakes, and bay leaves. Follow the exact storage instructions above.
Pickled eggs Ingredients
- 12 hard-boiled eggs peeled and cooled
- 2-3 sprigs of fresh dill
- 1 clove of garlic
- 3 cups white vinegar
- 1 cup of water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large onion thinly sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons of pickling spices
- 3 large fresh beets
- Cook Hard Boil Egg —-> Instant Pot Boiled Eggs
- Place the salt, water, onion, vinegar, bay leaf, sugar, and pickling spice in a large saucepan. Mix the ingredients together and bring to a boil until the sugar and salt dissolve. Boil in low heat for five minutes. When ready let the mixture cool down for five more minutes and now you can prepare to pickle.
- Wash the container properly and dry using a paper towel.
- Place the garlic and add in three cooked boiled eggs and beets. Top it with the cooked onion and add the fig. Do the same to the rest of the egg. Pour the liquid and seal the jar. Place in the fridge for one week.
You can enjoy your hard-boiled eggs in many ways, but have you ever tried eating them pickled? If not, you miss out on a lot of fun and flavor. Beet pickled eggs are not only tasty but also healthy since they are a low-fat and probiotic food that can help digestion. They are easy to make and could last longer if stored properly.
This article provides instructions for making beet pickled eggs and the traditional pickled egg recipe. If you are running out of ideas for your next appetizer, snack, or beer partner, take these eggs from the refrigerator and save the day. Serve a bowl of beet pickled eggs and see your friends bowl over it. What are you waiting for? Try out this recipe today and enjoy!
For more Instant Pot Recipes:
Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook
- 1 Instant Pot Duo Crisps Plus Air Fryer
- 6-12 large eggs Please see notes
- 1 clove large garlic
- 3 stems fresh dills
- 3 cups white vinegar
- 1/3 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 large onion
- 1 piece dry bay leaves
- 4 tsp pickling spice
- 3 large fresh beets
- Wash beets and slice them into chunks. No need to peel them.
- Place into the Instant Pot Inner pot and add one cup of water.
- Push the pressure cooker button and set the temperature to HI. Set timer to ten minutes. Quick release when ready. On how to boil the egg in the IP, please see notes.
- Place the salt, water, onion, vinegar, bay leaf, sugar, and pickling spice in a large saucepan. Mix them together and bring to a boil until the sugar and salt dissolve. Boil in low heat for five minutes. When ready let the mixture cool down for five more minutes and now you can prepare to pickle.
- Wash the container properly and dry using a paper towel. Place the garlic in the container and add three cooked boiled eggs. Top the eggs with the cooked onion, and beets, and add the dills. Do the same to the rest of the egg. Pour the liquid and seal the jar. Place in the fridge for one week.
Shobelyn Dayrit says
You can use coconut sugar. Honey will add a different taste to it. Let me know how it turn out.
Hi! Could I use something else for the sugar? We can’t do sugar but we can do honey .. I could also try coconut sugar. Or can I leave the sugar out all together?
Can’t wait to make this !