Make Chinese Sausage and egg rice in the Instant Pot. Making rice can’t be easier and quicker to make. You can make this delicious Chinese sausage rice in your Instant Pot Duo Crisp Plus Air Fryer. This meal comes so fast and easy with no mess.
Instant Pot Chinese Sausage Rice
Table of Contents
Maybe you have been struggling to use your Instant Pot to cook rice. Fret no more. I will teach you the correct water to rice ratio to cook perfect rice in your Instant Pot.
I know I could have made this in my rice cooker, but I love my Instant Pot Duo Crisp plus Air Fryer Lid so much that I have to cook this with my Instant Pot.
In this post, I will teach about Chinese sausage
- What is Chinese Sausage
- How long to cook Chinese sausage rice in the Instant Pot.
- How do you cook Store-bought Chinese sausage
- How to prevent your rice from getting mushy when you cook it in the Instant Pot
- Where do you buy Chinese Sausage?
- How to freeze, reheat and store and the perfect suggestion for serving.
What is Chinese Sausage
Chinese sausage is the term for sausages that originated in China. Depending on your preference, there are various flavors, from sweet to spicy.
Chinese sausage is a compact side and can be challenging, so you can cook it based on how soft or hard you want it to boil. Chinese sausage is an ingredient in any dish. I added it to my noodles, I add it I my soup, or you can add it to your fried rice.
How long do you cook Chinese sausage?
There are several ways to cook Chinese sausage and the cooking time depends on it. If you use it for fried rice, cook it in a small amount of oil until it becomes transparent.
I want to emphasize each instant pot is different, and some settings may not be on the instant pot you got. In my case, I am using Instant Pot Duo Crisp 11-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker with Air Fryer Lid, 8 Quart. This Instant pot does not have the rice setting, so I am using the pressure cooker.
How long to cook Chinese sausage rice in the Instant Pot
In this recipe, I use one cup of rice and 1 1/4 cups of water. I then added the sausage, garlic, soy sauce and set the timer to seven minutes.
The Instant pot will first build pressure and after that, it starts the seven minutes time duration and then you’ll hear the beep. Release the pressure and serve.
Instant Pot Rice with Sausage and Egg
- Instant Pot Duo Crisp Plus Air fryer lid
- 1 cup Jasmine Rice
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 pieces Chinese Sausage
- 2 large eggs
- 6 cloves garlic
- Place the rice in the inner pot and add in the water.
- Put the chinese Sausage on top and add in soy sauce and eggs.
- Cover the Instant Pot with the Pressure cooker lid .
- Push pressure cooker button and set temperature on HI.
- Set timer at seven minutes. The pressure will build and then the timer will start. After seven minutes, quick release and serve hot. Note that the Chinese sausage will be tough. but if you want it softer, add it after release and cover and let the sausage be warmed up until serving.
Hi, my name is Shobee. Welcome to The Skinny Pot, where we cook Easy Recipes from the available ingredients from our pantry and fridge! We’re your go-to source for simple and delicious recipes that make the most of what you already have at home. Talk about the pantry challenge. Read more...