This MORCON RECIPE will spice up your menu in any celebrations. It’s simple to make, and it requires easy ingredients that are readily available in your stores. Plan on using this Morcon Recipe for your simple meals, or Christmas party you have.
As much as I can, I want to make meals that are easy and cheap which you my readers can easily make and enjoy with your family. And this recipe right now is one of those recipe. Although pounding the meat is kind of hassle, but the rest of the process is actually very simple.
WHAT IS MORCON
Morcon is a Filipino meat roll stuffed with egg, pickles, Chinese sausage. Often serve on Holidays, you can make this too when you have visitors over, or even just for regular meals at home.
WHAT SLICE OF MEAT TO USE?
You can flank steak, beef brisket or any meat in your store. Just make sure you have it thinly sliced to be able to roll it and for it to be easily cooked.
HOW TO COOK MORCON?
- Prepare your meat and put it in flat surface.
- Cover with plastic and pound to flatten. Make sure that the meat is still intact when you are done.
- Line the filling. At the one end of the meat, line the egg, pickles and Chinese sausage.
- Gently roll meat and tie the meat with a kitchen twine.
- In a large oven safe casserole, add in about 2 tablespoons of cooking oil.
- Brown Morcon in all sides and set aside.
- In the same casserole, saute’ onion until transparent. Add the tomato sauce, and tomato paste and stir to combine.
- Put the Morcon back in the casserole and cover.
- Bake at 350 F for 45 minutes.
FOR MORE CHEAP AND BUDGET FRIENDLY MEALS:
- Chicken Leg Oven Bake – Chicken legs are always on sale in Walmart, so I often have a big stock at home separated in the zip loc. Baking Chicken leg is an easy way to remove excess oil from the leg and it makes a very tasty meal.
- Budget Friendly Meal Plan # 1 My family’s goal is to pay off our house early, so I always make sure we are following our budget. I found that meal prepping makes you stick in your budget by avoiding the need to buy take out, since you already have a meal ready at home. Check some of my meal prepping menu.
- Homemade chicken Gyros – Always a favorite. Make your own flat bread and use any chicken cuts you have, this meal is quick and easy for weeknight dinner.
- Honey Garlic Chicken Server with Black Bean rice or eat it with salad this is a must make recipe.
- Velveeta Cheeseburger Mac and Cheese most favorite of my readers and my family’s simple go to comfort food. The ingredients are simple to find and this is really easy and quick to make too.
- 1 kilo beef beef sirloin thin slice brisket or flank steak
- 4 pieces chorizo de bilbao (Chinese Sausage)
- 2-4 dill pickles cut into long strips
- 3-4 eggs hard-boiled
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white onion chopped
- 1 can 15 oz tomato sauce
- 1 can 3 0z tomato paste
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Put meat in a flat surface and pound until thin. NOTE: If you have thinly slice meat, there is no need to pound it. Although pounding the meat make rolling easier.
- Line the egg, Chinese sausage and pickles on the meat. Roll the meat and tie with a kitchen twine.
- In a oven safe large casserole or cast iron, add in oil and brown meat in all sides. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Using the same casserole/cast iron sautee' the onion until transparent. Add the tomato sauce and tomato paste and season with salt and pepper as needed according to your preference.
- Add the browned meat and cover.
- Bake at 350 F preheated oven for 45 minutes.
- MAKE SURE YOU ENJOY THIS MEAL!