This garlic butter chicken oven bake is an easy recipe for a quick dinner. Very tasty garlic butter sauce. The chicken thigh is juicy and moist. Excellent recipe, very moist. Easy and tasty
GARLIC BUTTER CHICKEN OVEN BAKE
This is just one of those chicken meat on sale in Walmart which I can’t help but buy. And why not, I am all for anything cheap. Got to keep on with that budget.
There are so many ways to cook chicken thigh and this is just one of those favs… In the same league with the chicken satay, chicken gyros, and chicken buffalo wing. And this Filipino-style Macaroni salad too.
Chicken meat has so many possibilities in a very low budget. And they are so good.
This Garlic Butter Chicken Oven Bake just upped the standard on cooking chicken thigh. The Garlic Butter sauce is so good with the tastes of garlic popping in your taste buds. So delicious that I drizzled it on our rice lunches.
What are chicken thighs good for?
There are so many things you can do with chicken thigh, they are good for:
- Making broth
- The skin is good for an appetizer
- It is very easy to grill
- It easily cooks in the oven
- The meat is very juicy.
- Chicken thigh is cheap.
Garlic Butter Sauce Ingredients:
I am hoping you got these ingredients in your fridge, but if not, include them in your shopping list for next week. I usually keep an eye on sales for butter and stock up. I use garlic all the time, so I have those as well.
- Butter -look for sale on this. I usually buy one in Walmart, the non-branded ones.
- Garlic- I buy the bagged ones even though I prefer the ready peel and bottled chopped garlic. Although they are more pricey.
- Parsley- buy a bunch and you can add the whole bunch in this recipe if you want.
How to Make Oven Bake Oven Baked Chicken Thigh
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Place chicken on a flat surface and pat dry to remove excess fluid.
- Season chicken thigh with salt, pepper, and paprika.
- In a small bowl, melt the butter and add in the garlic and parsley.
- Drizzle olive oil in a cast iron and pan-fry chicken thigh on all sides.
- Drizzle garlic butter mixture and bake chicken thigh in the preheated oven until meat internal temperature is at 165 F- about 30 minutes of baking.
How Long Should I Bake Chicken Thigh?
Bake the chicken thigh until meat temperature reaches 165 F. About 40 minutes.
Do I have to turn the Chicken Thigh?
There is no need to turn the chicken thigh on the other side. Just bake it until meat internal temperature reaches 165 F.
Where to insert the meat thermometer?
Poke the meat thermometer in the thickest part of the thigh. Here’s the picture below on which part you can insert the meat thermometer.
Meal Prep Idea
I always serve my meal with rice with them, so here’s the chicken thigh with the garlic sauce drizzled in on the rice. Instead of white rice try this:
- Rice cooker and brown rice recipe
- Leftover Ham Fried Rice with Mixed Frozen Veggies
- One-Pot Chicken Thigh and Rice Casserole
More Chicken Thigh Recipe:
- Teriyaki Chicken Thigh
- For more Homemade Sauce Recipe:
Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook
FOR MORE CHEAP AND BUDGET-FRIENDLY MEALS:
GARLIC BUTTER CHICKEN OVEN BAKE
- cast iron
GARLIC BUTTER SAUCE INGREDIENTS:
- 1/2 cup Unsalted butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons Garlic, 5 cloves minced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 5 pieces chicken thigh
- 1/4 cup olive oil or any oil you like
CHICKEN THIGH RUB
- 2 tablespoons Salt
- 2 tablespoons pepper
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- Place chicken thigh in the flat plate and pat dry using paper towel.
- Pre heat oven at 350 F.
- Melt 1/2 cup of unsalted butter in the microwave until melted. Add in the minced garlic and chopped fresh parsley leaves.
- Sprinkle the chicken thigh salt, pepper and paprika in all sides .
- Heat olive oil in a cast iron and brown chicken thigh in both sides.
- Pour the prepared garlic sauce on the chicken and bake in the pre heated oven until meat temperature reaches 165 F - about 40 minutes.
Leave a Reply