This Instant Pot Meat Bread is pack lunch, breakfast, dinner, and snacks. This bread is soft and it is filling. Cook a huge batch of leftovers.
Instant Pot Meat Bread
After posting Siopao/ Steam Buns and getting a lot of reactions and questions about it, I decided on this Meat Bread. This is made in my Instant Pot Duo Crisp plus Air fryer lid.
I had this when I was in the Philippines. We have this for snacks all the time.
Today, I will teach you:
- How to make Meat Bread using my dough recipe. This recipe yields very fluffy and soft buns.
- How to store this meat bread.
- How to reheat them in the Instant Pot.
- How long do you cook meat bread in the Instant Pot?
I want to emphasize each instant pot is different, and some settings may not be on the instant pot you got. In my case, I am using Instant Pot Duo Crisp 11-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker with Air Fryer Lid, 8 Quart. This Instant pot doesn’t have the rice setting, so I am using the pressure cooker setting.
Ingredients for Instant Pot Meat Bread
- Active dry yeast- make sure that you use the correct one instead of instant dry yeast. When I was testing this Ube Pandesal recipe using fast-rise yeast, the result was complex and had a lot of holes in it.
- Sugar – I used granulated sugar.
- Warm water & warm fresh milk
- All-purpose flour some tried making this using bread flour, and whole wheat flour.
- Butter- you need to use melted butter in this recipe can use unsalted butter and salted butter.
- Eggs- at room temperature.
- Salt & sugar
What Filling Recipe Did I Use?
I have various Steam Buns Recipe Filling on the blog and all of them are tasty and delicious. You can use the list below to fill your steam buns.
- Gua Bao -I use pork belly in this recipe. You can change the meat into pork roast or pork shoulder
- Chicken/ Pork Filling– this is on the sweeter side, which is my favorite. Use pork instead of chicken.
How to Store?
They can be frozen. 🙂 Wrap them in a plastic and freeze. When ready, wrap in a damp towel and microwave for 20-30 minutes.
For more Instant Pot Duo Crisp Recipes
- Jasmine Rice Cooked in the Instant Pot
- Okinawan Sweet Potato
- Instant Pot Kare Kare
- Instant Pot Adobo
- Instant Pot Sushi Rice
- Instant Pot Gua Bao
- Instant Pot Oyster Sauce Chicken Wings
- Instant Pot Pork Chashu
- Instant Pot Pearl Meatballs
- Instant Pot Steamed Pork and Shrimp Dumplings
- Instant Pot Char Siu
- Instant Pot Korean Cheese Katsu
Instant Pot Meat Bread
- Instant Pot Duo Crisp 11-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker with Air Fryer Lid, 8 Quart.
- air fryer lid
- 8 inch round baking pan
Meat Bread Dough
- 3 cups all-Purpose flour
- 2/3 cup milk I used evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup meat filling please see notes
- 1 egg use for egg wash
Ingredients for Yeast Mixture
- 1 packet active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2/3 cup lukewarm water
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
Prepare the Yeast Mixture
- Warm the water in the microwave for 35 seconds. Add the active dry yeast and sugar. Mix and let sit for 5 minutes until bubbles form. Add mixture to the 1 cup flour. and let it sit for forty-five minutes.
Make the Meat Bread Dough
- Place the hook attachment in your electric mixer.When the yeast mixture is ready, place flour and salt in the small bowl and mix using a wire whisk. Warm the milk for 45 seconds and then place the warm milk, melted butter, egg, and sugar into the stand mixer bowl. Mix for one minute and add the yeast mixture and flour mixture. Mix using the hook attachment until ingredients are incorporated. Mix for seven minutes.
- Sprinkle flour on the working surface and transfer the dough and form into a ball. Place dough in a greased bowl and let sit, covered with cloth, at a warm temperature for 1 hour.
- When ready, divide the dough into a round dough and divide it into sixteen pieces using the dough cutter. You can also cut dough and weigh 60 grams each and using your palm flatten and fill with one tablespoon of meat filling. Make sure that it is sealed. ( it is ok not to weigh the dough, just try to form equal shape bread.
- Cover the dough with a damp cloth and let sit for another 30 minutes. Brush with egg wash.
How to Cook Meat Bread in my Instant Pot
- Put parchment paper on your 8-inch round pan. Place four pieces of bread in the baking pan. Put distance in each bread. Place the pan in the inner pot and cover it with the air fryer lid. Push the bake button and bake meat bread for 8 minutes at 350 F.
How to Cook in a conventional oven
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Place bread on a baking sheet and meat bread for twenty minutes.